adidas Originals Flagship Store Introduction:
The new Originals flagship stores bring the brand and retail experience much closer together, creating true beacons for the beloved trefoil. The flagship stores have a high degree of local relevance and take their inspiration from the neighbourhood, which is the beating heart of Originals and the source for the world’s originality.
Originals was the first brand to bring the style and spirit of sport to the streets. It was the ﬁrst to bridge the divides between courts and streets, between tribes and between cultures. Its past is huge. Its achievements are amazing. And a whole generation of global youth has been included along the way.
The flagship stores re-enforce the connection to the local streetwear audience and trend setters. They re-enforce Originals as the pioneering steertwear brand.
The best of the best of Originals will be showcased through the flagship stores, including the most exciting collaborations, the latest sneaker highlights and many limited editions. The store experience will be elevated through events, strong and bold brand activations, artist cooperations, and experimental zones.
Welcome to our Neighbourhood.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
This is the store manager role for the adidas Originals flagship store. But it is more than just a store manager role and this is why the position is named Brand Manager. In addition to running the flagship store, this role is responsible to lead the flagship team and represent the most premium retail experience for the Originals brand on the planet. The role requires hardcore retail skills in order to run the daily operations of the flagship store and achieve financial targets, but it also requires passion for the Originals brand and the streetwear scene.
- Engage and inspire the flagship staff, consumers and community on the Originals brand.
- Take full ownership of the store and its success; analyse relevant data to probe and challenge the status quo.
- Drive the store and its staff to achieve financial and brand KPIs.
- Foster an environment of knowledge acquisition and sharing regarding the streetwear scene and Originals brand (past, present and future).
- Ensure the flagship store remains closely connected to its neighbourhood and community.
- Manage the recruitment and training of store staff; schedule staff so as to properly serve customers, drive sales and execute tasks.
- Ensure proper in-store brand execution according to established standards and directives.
- Manage all store operations in a systematic and efficient manner, as per established policies and procedures.
- Ensure all established visual merchandising and in-store communication standards are consistently executed and maintained in the store.
- Ensure merchandise deliveries are processed on the same day they arrive and the store’s entire product offer is made immediately available and easily accessible to consumers on a consistent basis.
- Ensure cash register transactions are processed quickly and accurately.
- Lead and implement all applicable loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe and productive shopping and working environment.
- Ensure HR standards and policies are adhered to.
- District Manager and flagship store staff.
- Local team support functions (e.g. merchandising, store operations).
- Vendors and local administration (e.g. mall management, cleaning).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Streetwear role-model.
- adidas Originals brand ambassador and talent scout.
- Culturally connected leader in music, art, and street culture.
- Social media connected.
- Store Manager Competencies.
- Fluent in both the local language and proficient English.
- Skilled in MS Office.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Business or fashion degree preferred.
- Successful premium retail management experience.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a sports/fashion consumer- and commercial-focused retail environment with a minimum of 3 years of store management responsibility.
- Intermediate numeracy and literacy and advanced verbal communication skills.