adidas Key City Store Introduction:
The London Global Flagship Store will be the best of adidas and the No.1 destination for adidas product across sports & style, bringing the brand and retail experience much closer together, creating a true beacon for the Badge of Sport.
Key city flagships such as those already launched in Paris, New York and Shanghai feature the most exciting technology innovations, engaging stories, exclusive products, consumer experiences and in-store events.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
The Flagship Senior Marketing Activation Manager position is a new and vital role created specifically for the adidas Key City stores to develop an in-store link between the consumer retail experience and the adidas brand in the City connecting, engaging, enabling and inspiring the Key City relevant communities and influencers 365 days a year, building an authentic and long-term relationship with them
Through best in class retail event activation & marketing initiatives this role will be pivotal in driving the vision & future of the adidas brand. Success will be making this store unique and something only adidas London can offer to become the pilot for flagships and seen as worldwide best practice.
Reporting into the Senior Retail Marketing Manager, this role is responsible for winning the consumer at the point of purchase while maximizing the profitability of the London flagship store by positively impacting Traffic, Conversion and Net Promotor Score. This will be achieved by landing the brand with consistency, clarity and impact through flawlessly executed consumer-relevant campaigns, promotions and in-store communication.
Store Activation Strategy
- Define, brief and create the global launch and opening strategy for the flagship to be agreed with stakeholders.
- Define yearly marketing activation priorities, KPIs, budget and calendar based on the Global and European activation calendar and toolkits while also leveraging local opportunities (assets, local holidays, heavy tourist periods, product ranges, local sports moments) with your specific store and audience in mind.
- To drive forward a new partnership model to add physical or digital experiences within the store around campaign launches to give added value, excitement and sharable moments to customers.
Social/PR/E-com Content Creation
- Build store activation content creation plan with the Newsroom & E-com teams, and/or external media partners.
- Deliver high quality social/PR content to the local, European and global Brand Marketing teams.
- Anticipate store posts and newsletters in the consistent social media roll-out of the Newsroom, e-com team and Runtastic.
- Leverage existing communities (e.g. adidas Runners, Women’s Studio, Tango League…), Entertainment and Influencer Marketing and Sports Marketing assets to amplify overall plan.
- Constant connection with Store Management/Team, as well as knowledge of store business and KPIs.
- Ensure store employees are educated and informed about plans in close co-operation with the Flagship Consumer Experience Manager.
VM and Windows
- Define the launch zone strategy with the Senior Retail Marketing Activations Manager and the In Store Communications strategy with the Visual Merchandising team.
- Set up regular store walk through with the Visual Merchandising and Consumer Experience Manager counterparts to ensure a flawless consumer journey.
- Manage, lead and take ownership for the Marketing Activations team within the flagship store, ensuring they all have the knowledge and practical skills required and promote a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and individual goals to focus the team/organization on key drivers that impact success.
- Build a strong internal network with back office key stakeholders to enable creating a collaborative and proactive way of working.
- Know and use internal tools for daily efficiency (MWB tracker, GROW, SRM, DAB,…)
Key Relationships :
- Europe and global Retail Marketing to execute the seasonal flagship store activation program
- UK Omni channel including VM for support in delivering the UK brand campaigns
- UK/London Retail organization, Retail Director, District Director, Flagship Store Director, store development and other Key City store staff.
- UK Brand Marketing, key city team, PR and social team for connecting to the locally relevant influencers, to drive traffic and raise awareness of the flagship
- UK Sports Marketing, PR, Entertainment and Influencer Marketing.
- Local marketing agencies and vendors for various events and activations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Experienced in being consumer obsessed, putting the consumer journey at the heart of everything to encourage dwell, conversion, engagement and traffic
- Great attention to detail with strong event management experience
- Strong knowledge of London sports, entertainment and influencer scene
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while staying calm under pressure with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Solid business acumen and in-depth knowledge of Retail KPIs
- Creative and innovative, being proactive with ideas and always seeking new ways of working
- Confident nature to bring new ideas to the table and present them to senior stakeholders
- Connected with a large and relevant contact book of influencers, brands, agencies and partners
- Passion for sport, the adidas brand and enthusiasm/energy for activation.
- Strong leadership and support to the Flagship Store team
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in marketing and sales or equivalent professional experience.
- 6-8 years retail or marketing experience (minimum 3 years retail marketing experience essential)
- Experience of relevant PR / marketing / events is an advantage.
- 2-4 years management experience
- Ad-hoc weekend and evening work will be required at peak times