Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- To provide a high-quality HR business partnership to the Brand Flagship Store (BFS)Management team, and Retail Back Office functions.
- To business partner with the BFS Management team to ensure they are equipped with the necessary tools to manage and develop their teams in accordance with HR policies and processes and in line with employment legislation.
- To build and maintain a close working relationship with the BFS Management team to ensure that HR initiatives, standards and procedures are fully understood and implemented within the store.
- To assist the Retail London HR Manager with additional duties when reasonably requested and where necessary within the defined levels of responsibility and accountability of the role to support the London district.
- To provide a trusted and confidential business partner service to Brand Flagship Store (BFS) Line Managers and advise on employee relations issues in terms of performance management; disciplinary’s; grievances; appeals.
- To support BFS Line Managers and work in conjunction with the Wellness Facility on all absence related topics i.e. Long-Term Sick, Maternity, Paternity, Parental leave and Flexible working requests.
- To manage all in store Capability related issues such as Performance improvement plans to ensure a structured, consistent and fair approach.
- To manage in store ‘Fairplay’ related investigations and complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
- To liaise with the legal team in relation to complex HR issues that arise in store in accordance with service level agreements and keep abreast of all changes to employment law, which affects the company and its employees.
- To proactively support the Retail HR Manager, District Director and Profit Protection team to reduce costs to the business in relation to poor retention, absence, employee discount abuse and re-occurring Employee Relations issues by analysing data and putting actions plans in place to lower negative results.
- To support the Retail HR Manager in leading and promoting all business people related strategies, processes, policies and directives.
- To support Talent Acquisition and HR Manager to ensure timely and proactive recruitment. Assisting Retail Line Managers where required in the recruitment process i.e interviews, assessment days and shortlisting to ensure the correct recruitment methods are used in a consistent manner.
- To partner with BFS Managers and People Development functions to identify ‘Top Talent’ in store, using succession planning tools, Team Line Up and #Mybest and ensure PDPs are set up in accordance with business processes.
- To train and support BFS Line Managers on all ‘People’ related topics to ensure competence and compliance with Local and Global as specified by the business.
- To conduct instore mini audits across the BFS, to ensure consistency and compliance issues are addressed in all departments.
- To be the promotor of all business communication platforms and ensure regular updates for the store and business in partnership with BFS Line Managers and Store Employees.
- To support Retail HR Manager in championing all Recognition and People Engagement related activities, topics and events i.e People Pulse.
- To support the Retail HR Manager and work in collaboration with the North Europe HR team and liaise with, internal partners and external agencies/authorities where necessary and appropriate.
- To identify and communicate instore needs and best practices to the Retail Training department and Retail HR Manager.
- Manage own expenses in line with company T&E policy
- Retail HR Manager, HR team (North Europe), District Director, District Managers, Retail Store Management and Team, Retail Back Office, Retail Training Manager, Legal, Finance, Profit Protection, H&S Coordinators, Wellness, IT, External providers (recruitment, legal)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fully knowledgeable in Employment Legislation
- Excel, Word PowerPoint, SAP HR
- Preferably HR or Retail Management experience and\or CIPD qualified (or working towards)
- Customer oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with ability to direct, motivate and develop Store teams.
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- HR and Training experience, ideally in a retail or multisite environment
- Proven ability and experience of handling complex HR employee relations issues
- Project Management Experience
- Excellent knowledge of employment law
- Proven Training and Coaching experience
- Full clean Driving Licence