adidas Shared Services in Porto delivers high quality services for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Retail Accounting, eCommerce Accounting, Non-Trade Procurement and other Finance processes for adidas companies located in Europe and Americas.
However, our success journey continues and we will now integrate several additional Teams in Porto. We are creators in our fields, thinking strategically about how digital tools can make reporting more transparent and targets more controllable. If you see yourself as a coach, playmaker, planner and problem solver, we invite you to be a part of our team.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The general purpose is to be the specialist supporting the budgeting, forecasting and cost monitoring process. These functions support the business to achieve (financial) targets as well as the strategy based on the analysis of number indicators. This is supported by the creation of transparency about business performance through cost (-center) controlling, business controlling and eventually performance management.
Reporting is collecting data and providing ad hoc analysis as well as standard reports. Therefore, reporting is also defining requirements of respective reports and drives classification, harmonization and standardization of data sets while driving best in class delivery in terms of timelines and data quality through plausibility and cross-checks.
- Execute budgeting, forecasting and cost monitoring processes
- Ensure data quality and integrity across various systems and tools
- Assist the supervisor to partner with the business within the assigned area of responsibility
- Data mechanization and daily/ monthly maintenance of the information in the reporting / budget systems
- Check problems in existing systems or day-to-day processes
- Deliver defined output following clear procedures/ processes within own job area to support the department targets
- Execute variance analysis and propose actions to the process owners
- Execute standardized reporting and ad-hoc analysis
- Develop and provide expertise for assigned functional areas/ systems and processes towards team and business partners
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Result and customer orientation and proactiveness
- Understanding of budgeting and forecasting with a special focus on OPEX, P&L and Balance
- Effective time management
- Good communication skills
- Excellent command of English language (written and spoken)
- Good analytical skills
- Advanced user of Excel and Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge of reporting tools (e.g.: SAP, BI, Power BI) and willingness to learn new systems and reporting approaches
- University degree in Business Administration/ Finance/ Controlling or related areas
- 4+ years of working experience in Controlling