At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Performs general multifaceted inventory control and sales audit functions. Responsible for gaining detailed insight and understanding of the overall retail business both internally and at the vendor level to provide a high level of service and direction. Reviews business processes and makes recommendations for improvement. Provide business partners with concise and insightful analysis through data gathering and reporting. Responsibilities include maintaining accurate inventory records for all adidas Retail stores (Inline and Outlet) to maximize sales potential.
- Manage all receiving, transfers, mis-ships, missing documents, missing styles, style set up, cycle counting, pricing and markdown related ASPEN issues created by 100+ Sports Performance, Originals and Factory Outlet stores. Follow-up and resolve issues within the SLA required period.
- Facilitate the RFID process for stores by completing the daily back office requirements including reconciliation, inventory transactions, resolving issues within the system of record and between the system of record and other third-party systems.
- Research and process daily receiving, non-sale transactions errors. Analyze each error to determine appropriate course of action. Receipts must post in a timely manner to guarantee the data integrity of inventory levels.
- Monitor store inventory levels (including negative on hands), research and resolve issues to ensure accurate inventory. Monitor store to store transfer transactions and PO/ASN receipts.
- Partner with accounting team. Research missing or incorrect goods receipts and missing or incorrect articles to ensure invoice match and timely payment to vendors. Research credit memos and provide appropriate information to Accounting group for processing.
- Overall analysis of inventory flow from point of purchase to point of sale ensuring inventory is correctly accounted for. Research inaccuracies and grow relationships with appropriate departments to develop solutions. Partner with store operations, Retail IT & Finance to evolve the current process for retail buying and inventory flow with the intent of creating business efficiencies and prevent further errors.
- Evaluate exception situations and seek out creative solutions which represent the best positive impact and least risk to the Business. Organize workload creating a balance between main functions of ASPEN and Inventory control, and sales audit functions to ensure all tasks are completed within deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation, posting and reconciliation of bi-annual physical inventories.
- Identification and implementation of process improvements and compliance. Create and update policy and procedure manual.
- Identify training/retraining needs and initiate store/team training on systems and processes with IT/ Store Operations. Conduct concept based training on case-by-case basis.
- Action the daily sales audit reconciliation process supporting 100+ Sports Performance, Originals and Factory Outlet stores
- Partner with supervisor to maintain and update the sales audit and reconciliation documentation.
- Partner with accounting and IT teams to identify and resolve issues within the sales audit process.
- Provides support to supervisor, senior management and headquarters with ad hoc financial analysis and database management
- Store management
- Buyers, Distributors
- Operations teams
- District Managers
- Accounting Department
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be self-directed while working under tight deadlines
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically Excel
- Ability to organize and keep track of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and cultures on a daily basis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of business via phone, written communication and in person
- Strong understanding of the adidas Retail Supply chain process.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Finance, Accounting, Business or similar field
- Two plus years’ experience in business or financial analysis or planning
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree
- Retail specific experience preferred
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.