Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Iterative design to enhance user satisfaction by improving the usability and accessibility provided when interacting with a system, product or service. The design of users’ digital and offline tasks, interactions and interfaces to meet usability and accessibility requirements. The refinement of designs in response to user-centred evaluation and feedback and communication of the design to those responsible for design, development and implementation.
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
- Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Actively maintains recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms. Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s).
- Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
- Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
Requirements definition and management
- Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for large, complex initiatives.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate requirements definition and management methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts.
- Establishes requirements baselines. Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed. Contributes to the development of organisational methods and standards.
Business process testing
- Designs and manages tests of new/updated processes. Specifies test environment for whole life-cycle testing (for example, using a model office concept).
- Manages selection/creation of relevant scenarios for testing and ensures that tests reflect realistic operational business conditions.
- Ensure tests and results are documented, reported to stakeholders and are available for specification of user instructions.
- Highlights issues and risks identified during testing to business stakeholders.
- Provides specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues and users to ensure that test is conducted in an appropriate manner.
- Determines the approaches to be used for encouraging user engagement in generative research in order to find opportunities for innovation in, and enhancement of, systems, products and services.
- Leads the collection and analysis of data related to people’s behaviours, needs, and opinions.
- Synthesises findings, develops insights and presents findings to inform decision making and drive actions.
- Plans and drives the user research activities providing expert advice and guidance to support adoption of agreed approaches.
- Contributes to the development of organisational methods and standards for user research.
User experience analysis
- Determines the approaches to be used to analyse, clarify and communicate the user experience, users' characteristics and tasks, and the technical, social, organisational and physical environment in which systems, products or services will operate.
- Plans and drives user experience and accessibility analysis activities providing expert advice and guidance to support adoption of agreed approaches.
User experience design
- Determines the approaches to be used to design and prototype digital and off-line tasks, interactions and interfaces in line with the usability and accessibility requirements of the system, product or service.
- Uses iterative approaches to rapidly incorporate user feedback into designs.
- Plans and drives user experience design activities providing expert advice and guidance to support adoption of agreed approaches.
- Integrates required visual design and branding into the user experience design activities.
User experience evaluation
- Manages user experience evaluation of systems, products or services, to assure that the usability and accessibility requirements have been met, required practice has been followed, and systems in use continue to meet organisational and user needs.
- Advises on what to evaluate and the type of evaluation to use and the extent of user involvement required.
- Works iteratively with design teams to ensures that the results of evaluations are understood and acted upon by designers and developers of systems, products and services.
- Advises on achievement of required usability and accessibility levels of specific designs or prototypes.
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Facilitates business decision-making processes. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
If required: People Management / Resource Management
- Supports resource planning and may have full responsibility in recruiting process.
- Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews.
- Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Contributes to transitioning of resources, complying with relevant statutory or external regulations and codes of good practice.
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 10 -year experience in IT
- 7 year of experience in relevant area
- 5 year experience in team management including professional
- International Experience - ideally working abroad and mobile in leadership roles for multiple years and has functional/market experience in projects with a local/global perspective
- Participated in a global project execution/ significant contribution to local/functional project