At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
The Director Strategic Projects Design acts as “right hand” of the VP and collaborates with internal BU, Brand & external partners on strategic creative projects and SBP related tasks across the BUG, according to the Originals & Core fundamentals ensuring consumer focus and consistency across BUs, BUG Functions and Creation Centers. Owns and manages all Headoffice tasks for first line.
- Supports the VP, manages and drives the development of the BUG’s strategic creative direction in alignment with the BUG’s SBP direction and the brand’s overarching creative direction
- Acts as the right hand of the VP to formulate and deliver a clear, impactful & consistent creative direction above product, providing creative input and constant collaboration with partners in communications, PR, brand design, creative direction and CTC.
- Manages and ensures a flawless communication and drives the implementation of the BUG’s creative direction, priorities and innovation focus across entire BUG and Creation Centers in close collaboration with the VP and the Head of Future & Strategy
- Act as the creative partner for all BU licensing projects. Research, evaluate and provide creative input into the onboarding of new partners.
- Research and prepare creative decks as input documents for both internal and external partners.
- Deliver high quality process and project management for respective first line, implement and lead first line JF process, providing clear meeting agenda, time management and action steps.
- Lead & coordinate horizontal BUG topics and strategic projects
- Support & coordinate horizontal brand topics and projects
- Support VP in the seasonal/ yearly creative planning processes
- Support VP on people management topics in close cooperation with HR
- Coordinate & align BUG design projects horizontally and with BoS brand design, product design, innovation, consumer insights and other relevant counterparts in BoS
- Develop and manage internal team events and presentations to top management
- Own design internal and support brand wide Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- BUG Design extended leadership team
- PDX Design team (Originals, Action Sports and Yeezy)
- Creator Farms
- Maker Labs
- Headoffice counterparts across all BUs, finance, brand marketing, Creative Direction, CtC, ait
- Creation centers
- Consumer insights and Market research team
- CII Team
- SS & E
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of the sports industry, deep passion for Fashion and Streetwear trends
- Strong problem solver
- Strong project and process management skills
- Strong market and industry awareness
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Driven to succeed and deliver against expectations
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate internal and external project teams
- Strong conceptual understanding of brand / sub-brand / label building
- In-depth understanding of quantitative and qualitative research
- Ability to translate market research & consumer insights into concrete objectives
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Lateral thinking and challenge status quo
- Embrace and lead change
- Leading and coordinating of senior internal and external teams
- Outlook: advanced
- Word: advanced
- Excel: advanced
- Power Point : advanced
- English: excellent
- Second language preferred
- University degree required
- > 7 years industry or related experience
- > 4 years project management experience
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.