Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
We are currently looking for an experienced Director Software Engineering to join our adidas Tech HUB in Bogota. As a member and lead of our team of 8 people you will use your experience to improve and extend capabilities of our E-commerce solution serving millions of consumers.
As part of the team you will be responsible for:
- Implementing technical enablement platforms and tools for the product domain.
- Interacting with headquarters Technical Enablement team to understand, configure and deploy tools in the domain.
- Ensuring that the teams follow DevOps standards and methods.
- Enhancing capabilities in his team to ensure people extend their profiles to cover neighbor competencies, e.g. Development and QA.
- Fostering team exchange to ensure use of DevOps best practices across teams.
- Providing advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
- Driving change towards an agile organization and DevOps culture.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in core development role and leading a team.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodology.
- Enterprise way of thinking.
- Full stack development experience using one or more of below technologies (React/Redux, Node.js, ElasticSearch, Apache Kafka, Graphql/MongoDb, Logstash, Kibana).
- Up to date with technology trends in application development.
- Ability to think strategically end-to-end from technical perspective.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
- Create and Lead a team of software engineers.
- Passionate about technology.
- Eager to learn.
- University degree in computer science or related studies.
- English, Professional working proficiency.
- Plus 5 - 8 years of IT experience as an Architecture and Team Lead.
THROUGH SPORT, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES