The Director of Supply Chain Deployment will have the critical responsibility of working with groups across various logistics operations including technical, analytic, and business functions to lead, oversee, analyze, communicate, and develop an effective and innovative Supply Chain Inventory Flow / Product Flow process that ensures optimal utilization across all operations for adidas North America. Most specifically, they will be focused on aligning Supply Chain product flows with up-to-date DC capacities, forecasts, and business compliance in order to guarantee seasonal business targets across brands and channels are successfully achieved.
They will lead the management of the adidas North America Deployment team by providing them with strong leadership, positive employee engagement, fostering an environment where positivity, respect, and accountability is expected, and great results are consistently driven, while facilitating communication, diversity, talent development, and innovation necessary to ensure the Company's competitive advantage
• Own responsibility for the seasonal article and range Deployment across all North America DCs taking into consideration defined and agreed deployment principles, warehouse capabilities/capacities (throughput & storage) and ranging, as well as business requirements for product delivery dates and windows. • Maintain DC serviceability. Keep inventory, SKU, and volume focus inside workable capacity and priority levels established with D.C. Operations, Transport, Finance, Commercial, and Demand Planning for adidas North America. • Hold ownership for all deployment-relevant technology, databases, updates, and seasonal changes with regard to accuracy and functionality. • Guarantee frequent and comprehensive best in class reporting, metrics, SLAs, and communication to all process stakeholders by considering concerns, changing business requirements, and capacity enhancements. • Develop and manage monthly inventory review/reporting/communication covering all DCs to identify possible storage capacity shortages and their root causes then recommending solutions to address potential short falls and service gaps. • Manage and drive workstreams, project plans, partnerships, and timely actions with all related stakeholders to reduce inventory to the agreed standard levels. • Act as a central contact point accountable for all inventory/product flow, deployment, and delivery activities. Ensure comprehensive weekly and monthly reporting and drive an open, proactive communication culture across Distribution Centers to ensure transparency regarding agreed actions and plans. • Responsible for Master Data Management related to DC capacities (throughput & storage, volumes, and SKU) as well as the accuracy of ranging master data. • Steer the creation and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other operating procedures in accordance with adidas Global Operations guidance/best practices. • Recruit, develop, and lead a strong high-performing, best-in-class team and ensure motivation of employees as well as create of an excellent working climate.
Key Relationships: • VP, North America Supply Chain • North America Sales • Direct to Consumer NAM • Finance NAM • Strategy NAM • SCM NAM Purchasing • SCM NAM Transportation • SCM NAM Order Fulfillment • SCM NAM Demand Planning • Global and Market IT
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: • Highly analytical. Comfortable creating complex operations planning models, productivity scenarios, distribution modelling, and early warning programs. • Excellent cross-functional experience and business know-how of end-to-end Supply Chain Management and Finance operations. • Excellent knowledge of supply chain mechanics and flow of goods from sourcing to customer. • Understanding of advanced supply chain concepts and best practices. • Strong knowledge of Manhattan WMS system, SAP, and data warehouse models, as well as strong MS Office knowledge (Excel/Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint). • Stellar interpersonal skills, math skills, problem-solving resolution, intervention skills, and organizational skills. • Experience driving performance improvements and change within a complex global organization. • Proven experience and understanding of wholesale industry customers and their process flow fundamentals as well as similar experience with retail store distribution models and flows. • Polished and articulate with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills demonstrated by the ability to influence, communicate, and lead at both tactical and strategic levels. • Strong and consistent sense of anticipation, urgency, creative problem-solving skills, and attention to detail. • Behaviors, skills, and results that demonstrate clear growth potential to reach leadership level of VP or above. • Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with reliable planning and organization skills. • Demonstrates solid leadership principles, a mentoring focus and great aptitude for leading diverse people and teams, with awareness, sensitivity and consistent professionalism. • Strong English language proficiency both written and verbal
- Minimum of 13 years of work experience, preferably in Supply Chain Management / Product flow,
- Distribution & Transport Operations.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience directly managing people.
- College or university degree, ideally with a concentration in Business, Supply Chain Management or Logistics.