Leads and drives the Yeezy Sample Room team in the creation of assigned product samples. Ensures product integrity and product excellence in the quality of prototypes, wearable footwear, and production samples. Acts as an advocate for wearable sample integrity by working closely with cross functional creation center teams as well as related support services at West Brands.
- Ensure that all prototypes and wearable samples shoes produced in the sample room are manufactured against the specification provided by Design or Materials Development team
- Ensure achievement of product sample goals and objectives set by the business unit through partnership with Marketing and Design.
- Proactively communicate on an on-going basis with the team, supervisors, cross functional teams, and West Brand to ensure a smooth sample development process.
- Drive and execute key initiatives and provide input to short, mid and long term planning and budgeting.
- Communicate to internal and external teams real time seasonal sample initiatives, process changes, and longer term sample category vision.
- Ensure continuous sample and process improvement with emphasis on leading through Right First Time sample development in accordance with the operating calendar.
- Responsible to bring the turnaround of samples to high production level that meets or exceeds adidas quality standards and business needs.
- Ensure internal and external sample room employees projects are allocated to the individual members of your team and manage the workflow in the group; allocate available manpower to equally accommodate the sample production required
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve extremely fast turnaround of prototype wearable samples by collaborating with development team and external vendors
- Create, manage, and maintain a stock of sample materials/components/lasts which reflects current trends and offers a wide variety of choice for Design teams
- Evaluate the potential Rapid Prototyping implementation into the sample room product creation processes.
- Provide team with clear direction, projects and targets that are aligned with BU business needs and GOPS objectives.
- Oversee the team’s dedicated support to the various needs of the biomechanical test center
- Create a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are challenged, coached, trained, and provided with career opportunities.
- Identify weaknesses in the group's working process, evaluate the results against targets on a regular basis and take all steps necessary to keep the group focused
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbal) and to lead discussions in small and larger groups
- Ability to coach, guide, manage and develop direct reports
- Ability to effectively delegate work as appropriate and provide individual goals and development plans to staff
- Ability to anticipate problems, offers solutions, develops strategies and addresses issues with materials in order to meet the Design team’s aesthetic goals and financial targets
- Ability to create, plan and effectively deliver presentations in formal and informal settings
- Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty
- Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives to direct reports and senior management
- Ability to travel, domestic and international as required by business needs
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- Strong IT skills (e-mail, MS office)
- Four-year college or university degree with emphasis on footwear or garment/textile development or design or related area
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in the footwear or garment/textile industry
- 2 – 3 years of experience managing a team