As a Director Product Ownership at adidas Digital Brand Commerce (DBC) you are responsible for the quality and strategic impact of a wide range of products within a product domain. Together with your product owners and agile teams, you work on continuously improving and evolving the product area, maximizing the value for the customer and the company.
Partnering with IT and markets to define a robust product landscape, managing capability expansion increments and leading the teams towards definition of new functionalities & best practices are a few examples of the activities that will be expected from this role. Additionally you will be the strategic interface to various global key stakeholders, including Global Markets, Brands and Global Digital IT for the product area, driving consumer engagement and satisfaction, as well as incremental revenues out of delivering digital experiences.
- Product Strategy & Delivery
- Be accountable for the success of the product area considering the value for the consumer and the company (ROI).
- Define the mid to long-term vision and roadmap of the product area considering the value for the consumer and the company as well as its role and impact on the adidas digital ecosystem.
- Be accountable for product delivery in line with the roadmap and committed delivery dates.
- Identify and solve dependencies within and beyond your product area to ensure efficient delivery.
- Stakeholder Management
- Represent the business for the product area, fostering strong relationships with key global stakeholders to ensure that their views and requirements are captured in the product backlogs.
- Act as the ambassador for your product area, showcasing the key functionalities, driving product adoption and assuring operational excellence together with IT peers.
- Manage relationships outside the product area efficiently to ensure that the product teams can work autonomously.
- Backlog Management
- Drive the evolution of the product area backlogs in collaboration with the product owners.
- Coach the product owners in your area to ensure that the product teams are delivering the right enhancements to drive consumer and business value.
- Influence backlog priorities in the own product area.
- Influence dependent product backlogs from other product areas.
- Be accountable for monitoring, optimization and enhancement of the configuration, features and functionalities related to the product area.
- Ensure that objective data sources and feedback are used for the optimization of the product area.
- People Management
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop the future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions.
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level by creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC objectives.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Distinctive strategic mindset and ability to prioritize and delegate high numbers of tasks with varying workload and importance
- Ability to handle ambiguity and untangle complex situations into actionable activities
- High resilience and solution oriented attitude
- Very good leadership skills
- In-depth domain knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Agile working methods e.g. Scrum/Kanban
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- In-depth understanding of digital IT products and capabilities
- Fluent in English both verbally and written
- Ideally master degree in business administration or comparable degree
- 10+ years of professional experience in multi-national business environment (thereof 5+ year experience in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment)
- Experience in working with stakeholders and experts at various organizational levels
- Experience in creating strong internal business cases to support investment and internal resource requests
- Experience as a Product Owner in multiple product areas or domains
- 3+ years of experience in leading a team