PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION:
Fully accountable for development, commercialization, product integrity, manufacturability, CTV, performance to target FOB for all products/brands in the designated groups of factories/Development Centers. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple product teams of the designated Development Centers (ranged from 1-3 centers) responsible for all development & commercialization, material innovation and product costing ensuring that products consistently exceed customer expectations in respect to fit, comfort, design integrity, performance, perceived value, manufacturability and quality.
- Make decisions within the defined product integrity, manufacturability and quality scope. Authority to make joint product decisions and/or final call on product decision.
- Set direction for development & commercialization area with key focus on Create to Value, Product Integrity and overall Manufacturability & Efficiency for the designated groups of factories/Development Centers.
- Give major input to issuing directives in product creation and related area.
- Manage tactical relationship with factory head of development, influence supplier to achieve continuous upgrades of technical applications, development innovation and manufacturing technologies.
- Work directly with the Factory GM in term of factory personnel skills evaluation, support development of Factory Development
- Work on business case/presentation for the Factory to promote capability influence Marketing, Design and Brand Operations in general product direction and execution of the responsible product categories through personal credibility built upon proven product and manufacturing expertise.
- Take cross country accountability for the development and engineering of centrally developed projects for other LOs’ production facilities of the parent Development Center he/she manages.
- Exhibits exceptional “product eyes” and knowledge of target consumers – have a feel for styling, product cosmetics, product construction and manufacturing technologies in order to influence and drive the overall product direction of all categories in the assigned Dev Centers.
- Act as LO Resident Product Creation Master responsible for coaching, training/teaching and continuously upgrading “product eyes” capability, shoes engineering expertise, Create to Value knowledge and technical problem solving skills of all LO development & commercialization personnel. Directly only for the people within their DC but collectively they could cross share and train all personnel with workshops.
- HQ Product Teams (Design, Marketing, Brand Operations, PCT.)
- Factory GM, Factory Head of Development, Fty Dev teams.
- Tier 2 material suppliers-as lead
- Senior Manager, Manufacturing
- Other GOPS/Sourcing Functional Heads (Sourcing & HQ) –costing, Material, Planning, Product Testing, Quality/Lab
- Senior Operations Manager
- Director Sourcing Footwear
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven management experience incl leading, developing and motivating and building effective team within a function/department
- Can influence and drive people beyond his/her direct control (i.e. Design & Marketing) through personal credibility.
- Have proven depth and breadth of experience in product creation, product engineering, strong eyes for products which can be called up on to co-lead or support regional or global projects related to his/her area of expertise.
- Can independently lead LO based projects within defined scope of product creation/engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with different departments (Marketing, Design, Factories) via phone, written communication and in person.
- German, Chinese, Indonesia or Vietnamese language knowledge an advantage.
Requisite Education and Qualifications:
- University degree preferably in Sports Science, Design or Industrial Engineering.
- 10+ years shoes making, product development or production experience in Footwear industry.
- Min 2-3 years HQ experiences in Marketing, Design or Project Management a MUST OR proven experience as Senior Manager, Manufacturing or Ops Manager.
- Passion and interest in athletic competition, sports or fitness related activities.
- Proven manufacturing expert / product creation master.
- Experience in at least 2 other functions/area beside product creation (e.g. Product Costing, Materials Development, Production or Fty Operations Management)