- The Director of Performance Marketing is responsible for leading, managing and optimizing our traffic and acquisition generation for adidas.com as well as helping as one of the main revenue drivers for adidas.com. This person will lead a performance team focused on Search Engine Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Partnership Marketing, programmatic and display media buying, as well as paid social media buying. This role sits within the Digital Activation leadership team and will be connected to global media teams as well as other market-focused Performance Marketing teams. There will be considerable agency management as part of this role – helping to manage the relationship with our media agency, MediaCom. This person is expected to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly performance metrics for adidas.com (desktop and mobile), adidas mobile app, and adidas membership program, Creators Club.
- In partnership with Global Media teams, NAM Brand Media, and our media agency, develop an over-arching and company-wide paid media strategy.
- Utilize the over-arching media strategy to develop specific and measurable performance strategies and tactics – reported on and revised every 90 days.
- Responsible for the phasing and management of a multi-million dollar performance budget.
- Responsible for top and bottom line growth of our Acquisition efforts – working closely with Consumer Engagement team to meet acquisition targets.
- Leadership and management: recruit, build, manage, motivate, and educate a team of performance marketing experts.
- Co-manage our media agency relationship. This will include providing input on team set-up & structure, managing billing, and overseeing regular reporting to gauge success.
- Responsible for identifying and leveraging new ad:tech in partnership with global media teams.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with key media partners like Google and Twitter, while ensuring those partners are hitting key targets.
- Manage and grow our affiliate program, looking at new & innovative ways to expand.
- Drive new ideas and formalize media partnership with key existing partners (NCAA, NHL, MLS, etc) as well as look for new partners that can deliver on traffic and site revenue goals.
- Work cross-functionally with Buying & Planning, Consumer Experience, Site Operations, Analytics, and Brand Activation to create synergies and explore and exploit opportunities to drive additional traffic and hit acquisition targets.
- Work with Digital Analytics team to drive testing, reporting, optimisation and analysis on channel performance to identify key levers and opportunities for improvements. Share with global and other market teams to help educate and learn.
- KPIs: traffic, revenue and cost of sale targets
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ambitious and results and profit oriented.
- Curious and passionate about eCommerce and Digital Marketing and the interaction of the different channels. You live and breathe it. Comfortable with the rapid evolution of (marketing) technology and are excited to continue to develop and enhance your knowledge, skills and experience. Experience with attribution modelling is a plus.
- Enjoy building, refining and scaling key processes.
- Fast and independent learner and worker, a self-starter that enjoys taking initiative.
- Ability to handle complexity and remain mature, responsible and calm under pressure.
- Logical thinker, able to synthesise knowledge, data and experience to develop and communicate solid conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong (written and verbal) communication and interpersonal skills. Clear communicator that is collaborative and able to build strong relationships quickly.
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Diligence, accuracy, attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Data driven, with experience in relevant web analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics & Adobe Analytics); you possess strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills, proven experience in Excel.
- Ideally have had experience working internationally and in settings requiring cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Bachelor or Master degree required, with 8+ years hands-on channel experience.
- Experience leading, managing and motivating others, both directly and indirectly. Proven experience recruiting, building and developing winning teams.
- Experience in planning and managing large budgets across channels while achieving high volume growth targets.
- Experience in / strong understanding of main areas of Performance Marketing: Search Engine Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Display & Programmatic Media.
- Experience in / strong understanding of paid social media buying & planning.
- Excellent English language skills.