Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Act as a GM and guardian of the category within Emerging markets in the definition of local short- and medium-term objectives for the Business Unit.
Implement Global Concepts-to-Consumer strategies in a locally relevant way, working closely with local teams from clusters, considering different realities / needs and distribution channels.
Drive cross-functional Marketing execution ensuring one category voice and message reaches the consumer today, tomorrow and in the future in a consistent way from our communication through our products up to the point of sale experience.
- Deliver powerful, compelling, commercial, viable range/concept selection for EM to support the overall brand strategy, purpose & direction for Emerging Markets, balancing both Brand and commercial considerations, and supporting the overall business strategy.
- Responsible for developing and delivering a complete 3-5-year category plan for respective BU, based on overall EM SBP and balanced with the needs of the horizontal Brand.
- Accountable for EM category P&L and all Marketing related inputs e.g. net sales, margins, pricing, FOB, MWB.
- Create an EM Commercial input based on clusters’ commercial trends, needs, incremental business opportunities, effectiveness of CTC concepts and Brand Activation plans to be provided to the Global BU. Develop Market-specific initiatives (e.g. event activation), where required and approved by the Global BU.
- Manage and control category franchise lifecycle.
- Provide category specific activations tool kits along global guidelines, ready to implement in in all EM Clusters.
- Approve SMU briefs from Concepts-to-Consumer into the Global BU.
- Consolidate LAC briefs from BU CtC Merchandisers in each Cluster within Emerging Markets and coordinate with Global BU.
- Monitor analytics on the sell-in, sell-out, margin, article productivity as well as the ROI on communication/activation investments and create relevant and consistent action plans to meet the financial expectations set out in the short and mid-term goals across all channels, segments in EM.
- Sign-off category net sales, margins, pricing, range architecture and MWB for total EM in conjunction with VP Brand adidas EM Hub.
- Support and steer the Brand Activation team in relation to globally consistent Category activation including locally relevant initiatives.
- Establish cleared shared goals within EM organization including Omni-channel category BU forecast as part of EM IBP process.
- Build productive relationships with CtC in Clusters aligning on BU strategy, ranging, activation calendar and local initiatives with the EM Strategy.
Key Responsibilities Managerial
- Utilize LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, create a set of behaviors for the BU empowering Collaboration, Confidence and Creativity.
- Brand Health KPIS (Brand momentum, NPS, Spontaneous purchase intent, etc.)
- Category Market Share vs. plan in each Cluster within Emerging Markets
- EM Direct Category Contribution vs Plan
- EM Category P&L
- EM Category Range Efficiency, SKU targets, Pricing targets
- EM Net Sales, Category growth, Key Franchise growth/share of NS and Go-in Margin
- Compliance and efficiency of MWB spend in BU
- Sr. Marketing directors & GMs (Clusters)
- SM CtC Merchandising (Clusters)
- EM Hub CtC and MOPS team
- Global BU GM & CTC.
- Global Concepts-to-Consumer team
- EM Business Intelligence teams and Strategy Teams
- EM DTC, WHS and E-com teams
- EM Marketing Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about sports and fashion
- Leadership skills, Collaborative, Strategic planning and Commercial acumen to build a category strategy and effectively drive its execution
- Consumer-focused with deep product and range understanding with an excellent ability to balance brand and commercial aspects and build channel specific GTM solutions
- Pro-active (engaging & impact-oriented) mind-set, ability to think end-to-end
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Strong organizational skills
- Commercial acumen: Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects.
- Good communication (both written and verbal), presentation and facilitation skills (small and large groups)
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Experience in both market and above market organization preferred
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business, ideally with Marketing and sales focus or equivalent professional experience; MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years Brand Management and Merchandising experience, ideally in sporting goods, fashion or other youth culture brands.
- 3 years+ of leading and managing a diverse team (including remote management).
- Fluent English (verbal and written).
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), proficient in MS Office.