PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANISATION:
- Manages the merchandising, PPS and QC team in the area of responsibility to ensure the best product is sourced at the most competitive price and within the parameters laid out by the markets’ demands
- Ensures the implementation of the sourcing strategy as laid out by the Head of Operations in order to the meet the company objectives regarding volume, quality, execution and cost of product
- Monitors the political and cultural developments within the area and reports on their possible impact on the supply chain
- Controls the supplier portfolio and recommends any changes based on a pre-evaluation
- Steers the product allocation to the appropriate suppliers to achiee the best product at the best terms and conditions
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures sample deliveries are 100% in time and bulk deliveries meet the division standard of 95% in time delivery
- Supervises the forecast and order allocation based on the given capacities and in accordance with the suppliers’ capabilities and ensures any changes are being reported back to logistics
- Arranges for regular reports back to HQ on supplier evaluation, competition movements, delivery performance, FOB development
- Ensures that all suppliers are in-line with SOE requirements and coordinates audits with the SOE team
- Monitors the application of best practice standards by the QC/QA team
- Builds up and maintains a good rapport with all suppliers and NGOs and represents adidas-Salomon AG towards internal as well as external parties
- Manages the budget
- Builds up and develops team (objective setting, assessments, training, development).
- Participates in regular meetings such as GAM, CM Meeting, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 8 years’ progressive experience at a managerial level in the Accessories &Gear industry
- Experience in Accessories & Gear Merchandising, Production and Trading.
- Diploma or degree from educational entity focusing on international trade or related field.
- Team players with leadership characteristics to supervise operations among HQs and LOs.