Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Business Solutions Manager is someone who can effectively cross-collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define the current and future state of adidas business and its processes, identifying issues and risks, suggesting mitigation strategies and driving towards technology solutions.
Business process improvement
- Develops organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for business process improvement which allow the organisation to quickly improve and implement business processes to meet business requirements.
- Sets direction and leads in the introduction and use of techniques, methodologies and tools, to meet overall business requirements, ensuring consistency across all user groups.
- Leads and plans business process improvement activities to analyse business processes; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend solutions which exploit new technologies and automation.
- Leads the development of organisational capabilities for business process improvement and ensures adoption and adherence to policies and standards.
Business risk management
- Plans and manages the implementation of organisation-wide processes and procedures, tools and techniques for the identification, assessment, and management of risk inherent in the operation of business processes and of potential risks arising from planned change.
- Manages provision of consultancy services, and/or management of a team of consultants.
- In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the client through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services.
- Engages with clients and maintains client relationships.
- Establishes agreements/contracts and manages completion and disengagement.
- Actively maintains recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s).
- Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
- Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
Portfolio, programme and project support
- Takes responsibility for the provision of support services to projects.
- Uses and recommends project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking projects. Sets up and provides detailed guidance on project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Supports programme or project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- Provides basic guidance on individual project proposals. May be involved in aspects of supporting a programme by providing a cross programme view on risk, change, quality, finance or configuration management.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Conversant with techniques covering full range of modelling situations.
- Models current and desired scenarios as directed.
- Selects appropriate modelling techniques for meeting assigned objectives.
- Gains agreement from subject matter experts to models produced.
- Reviews resulting models with stakeholders and gains resolution to resultant issues.
Requirements definition and management
- Contributes to selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritization of requirements.
- Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
- Establishes the requirements base-lines, obtains formal agreement to requirements, and ensures traceability to source.
- Investigates, manages, and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
Change implementation planning and management
- Creates the business readiness plan, taking into consideration IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities) and any business activities required to integrate new digital processes or jobs into the "business as usual" environment.
- Determines the readiness levels of business users with regards to upcoming changes; uncovers readiness gaps and creates and implements action plans to close the gaps prior to going live.
- Assists the user community in the provision of transition support and change planning and liaises with the project team.
- Monitors and reports progress on business readiness targets, business engagement activity, training design and deployment activities, key operational metrics and return to productivity measures.
- Defines the series and sequence of activities to bring stakeholders to the required level of commitment, prior to going live.
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Facilitates business decision-making processes.
- Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
Individual key responsibilities
only to be edited if approved by chief of staff
If required:People Management / Resource Management:
- Supports resource planning and may have full responsibility in recruiting process.
- Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews.
- Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Contributes to transitioning of resources, complying with relevant statutory or external regulations and codes of good practice.
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 10 -year experience in IT
- 7 years of experience in relevant area
- 5 years of experience in team management including professional
- International Experience - ideally working abroad and mobile in leadership roles for multiple years and has functional/market experience in projects with a local/global perspective
- Participated in a global project execution/ significant contribution to local/functional project