Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Develop a world class inbound control tower solution for adidas.
- Lead the implementation and management of the Inbound Control Tower for the Global Logistics organization.
- Fulfill all product availability and operational efficiency targets, as part of the Control Tower responsibility, by ensuring adidas is globally working against 1 standard inbound process across different markets.
- Highlight opportunities within the inbound transport & logistics area as they arise (Digitization, Standardization and Centralization), co-plan the concept and return on investment with Senior Leadership from GIT/SCM and Business.
- Lead and manage to successfully deliver global and x-functional projects/programs, end-to-end, ideally through applying PMI methodology effectively.
- Raise any project/program scope ambiguity with Senior Leadership, seek clarity to be able to design detailed project plans and roadmaps.
- Manage the execution and completion of the defined project plans/roadmaps through effectively coordinating people and resources.
- Drive and measure engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures to ensure KPIs are met.
- Monitor the project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project plan in order to implement corrective or preventative actions.
- Lead the change management approach for respective projects/programs and ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits.
- Finalize all activities across the projects/programs to formally close and hand over the project, ensuring project documents are approved, completed, maintained, and stored appropriately.
- Think globally and x-functionally in order to identify project and program dependencies and their impact. Raise dependency issues with the project sponsor and proactively offer solutions
- Form and lead multi-functional project team resources (internals and externals) to deliver and support projects and programs
- Manage, coach, develop and train the formed project team members, input into performance reviews, provide feedback and allocate work considering complexity and experience level
- Partner with the internal IT Supplier Management department in order to manage external suppliers (e.g. conduct interviews, financial management of external supplier costs)
- Partner with the internal parties like SCM, GIT, business units, finance department in order to identify and agree on project requirements and goals to then set up and manage related 3 PL projects on Warehousing and Transport
Financials and Controlling
- Establish project controlling as an independent element within the projects to verify and control the project costs on time in full. Ensure continuous availability of the project cost status. Apply appropriate methods for project controlling, e.g. risk analysis, simulation calculations, target-actual comparison.
- Manage project budget through tracking and reporting the monthly budget accruals and variances and ensure timely and accurate invoicing.
- As conflicts and escalations arise within projects/programs, identify solutions and propose these to key stakeholders, and support their resolution in a timely and appropriate manner. Involve project sponsor if needed.
- Use appropriate and effective communication methods to Senior Management throughout the project/program life cycle.
- Identify and manage relationships with key stakeholders and build a broader network map, incorporating relevant departments within Global IT/SCM and the adidas Group in order to deliver and embed the projects/programs.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocate the different projects/programs and work streams to the respective teams and employees considering experience, project complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data, analysis and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GL objectives
Control Tower Operations:
- Take full ownership of the day-to-day operations of the Control Tower and lead the day-to-day management.
- Align on KPI’s – Internally & Externally and ensure targets are delivered
- Act as the escalation point for any operational issues and actively manage the resolution, including the implementation of any preventative measures.
Full project budget responsibility
- Supply Chain Management global and market-based teams/SCM market team
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail/E-COM)
- Supplier Management
- HR Management
- External consultants (as needed)/3PL service providers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide a clear framework for performance to direct reports/project team.
- Ability to coach, guide and manage a (project)team.
- Pro-active (engaging & impact-oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end with a global mindset.
- Ability to be self-directed while working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures.
- Business mindset: Strong numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance, process driven, experience in SCM/Logistics.
- Strong experience to manage complex projects on a global level, focus 3 PL WHS / Transport.
- Strong experience to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Good market know how on 3 PL Transport-/ Warehouse Provider and related networks.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups), especially when interacting with different levels of business.
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required.
- Fluent English skills (verbal and written).
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or SCM/IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressive work experience in the transport and logistics industry, and/or mid- to large-scale project or program management.
- Strong experience with managing complex Inbound supply chain projects. Ideally experience related to leading Control Tower & 4PL solutions
- Ideally PMI certified.
- 7–10 years of experience in managing a team.