At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Directs the financial performance and delivery of analytics for Concepts-to-Consumers (CTC), Brand Activation, marketing working budget (MWB), and marketing overheads (MOH) for adidas US. Ensures integrity and continuous improvement of the end-to-end management of marketing spend through cross functional alignment on targeting, forecasting, budgeting, reporting, and analysis. Supports the strategic business planning process for marketing investments and initiatives.
- Ensures marketing leadership is provided top notch and highly accurate financial and non-financial information and analysis for their business decisions.
- Develops the analytical framework for supporting and evaluating the CTC team and their initiatives.
- Serves as the Marketing Controller, overseeing all spend on marketing working budget and marketing overheads.
- Creates and monitors financial plans, targets, strategies, and controls that focus on achieving desired financial and business objectives. Ensures alignment between Marketing and Sales on planned KPI’s.
- Owner of ROI Analysis which will inform and support profitable marketing investments.
- Analyses proposed business risks, opportunities and pending decisions to determine impact on financial results, including post mortems on outcomes.
- Manages the relationship and service levels between Marketing and corporate support functions, including Corporate Finance, Sales Operations Analysis and Planning Finance, Operations, Financial Shared Services, Credit and Global/Regional Marketing Operations.
- Plans, budgets, forecasts and controls full adidas US Marketing P&L including operating expenses for Regional Marketing; coordinates cross-functionally as necessary with full NAM team.
- Provides leadership and consultation for direct reports and team through the sharing of best practice techniques and mentoring.
- Ad-hoc projects, as assigned by Sr. Director of Finance and VP Finance.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge in Finance and/or Accounting and high level understanding and experience with retail math and retail financial drivers.
- Thinks strategically and synthesizes complex data and develops creative and innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong understanding of US Business. Experience with analysis of financial implications of bringing product to the US Market.
- In depth knowledge of US Sports and Sports business, including Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, and Hockey.
- Detail oriented and manages multiple priorities to accomplish assignments simultaneously under tight timelines.
- Presents information and interacts effectively with senior leaders, stakeholders, cross- functional business leaders, peers, clients, and customers.
- Promotes a team-first environment, where everyone can openly contribute and ensures appropriate work/life balance for team members.
- Coaches, manages, aligns, motivates, and develops direct reports.
- High level skills in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and MicroStrategy (or other reporting software).
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 8 to 10 years of broad-based operational finance experience with progressive responsibility
- Minimum of three years successfully leading, managing and developing a team
- Industry specific experience preferred
- Solid accounting skills and experience
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Familiarity with SAP and other relevant adidas and industry Finance systems/analytical software a major plus
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.