Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage all functions providing Finance & Operations support to the adidas Golf APAC organization. More specifically, provide oversight over the financial reporting & planning for Finance activities. Ensure operational excellence for demand planning, and coordination with local adidas entity on shared services support.
- Be the key financial advisor to the leader of the adidas Golf APAC region
- Manage and ensure the efficiency of all APAC wide reporting and planning tasks required to produce consolidated financial results
- Analysis of actuals, forecasts, and budgets against targets
- Support the business with financial input for decision making including analysis on margins, return on investment
- Ensure the successful completion and analysis of reporting to global adidas Golf for ad-hoc, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually reporting requirements
- Manage budgets/forecasts related to OPEX, CAPEX, and cash flow
- Develop reports and analyses that support the Company on its effectiveness and progress against objectives
- Manage processes over demand planning, purchasing forecast, etc.
- Support activities related to logistics with shared service warehouse including capacity planning, inventory management, KPI analysis, process improvement and ad-hoc solutions related to golf products
- Support the organization with overall inventory management through stock reporting, analysis, KPI data, etc.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and Group Finance Manual (GFM) at all times
- Maintain a strong internal control environment by monitoring the effectiveness of the control environment, establishing proper internal controls over decision making, and adherence with local & group policies
- Ensure that a robust control environment is in place for the APAC Golf organization
- Identify & recommend opportunities for creating or enhancing business procedures in order to improve controls or gain efficiencies
- Coordinate with local, regional, and Global Legal teams on all legal and contractual issues
- Work with the IT Department to develop and enhance systems to improve operational efficiency of Finance and other departments
People and Stakeholder Management
- Manage a diverse team located in four locations across Asia
- Take and accept responsibility for operations, performance of staff, achievement of targets and adherence to budgets, standards and procedures.
- Control the selection and training of Finance & Operations staff, establish leadership with positive tone at the top, set performance plans and delegate responsibilities to staff
- Provide timely feedback and complete regular performance reviews for staff to optimize team performance
- Ensure that direct reports set high quality performance plans and goals with their teams
- Be the key messenger to global Golf HQ on all matters relating to APAC’s financial and operational performance
- aG Asia Senior Management, APAC Finance Teams, Global aGolf Finance team, adidas Japan (shared services), Dalian FSS, and adidas Greater Asia Finance and Operations teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills to manage and develop people, communicate effectively externally and internally, manage diverse relationships
- Ability to balance an entrepreneurial mindset with an eye for detail and control
- Strong financial background with understanding of key concepts for tax, accounting, etc.
- Basic understanding of operations and related activities
- Ability to organize and plan while multi-tasking many different priorities
- Perform analysis and problem solving, ability to make decisions
- Project and people management experience is critical to the position
- Develop relationships with Regional/Global personnel
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Business
- Certified or Chartered Accountant with accreditation preferred
- At least 10 years relevant experience within Finance role
- Preference for good Operational knowledge & background
- Experience in people management
- Fluent in Japanese and English