At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Responsible for profitable and sustainable market share growth in a specific region of our US Retail Store business, driving all initiatives and strategies.
Cultivating a high-performance culture in which talent development is highly prioritized, talent and succession plans are clearly identified and communicated, and leaders are promoted internally through career path opportunities.
Ensuring the elements comprising our Company’s mission and core values are consistently communicated through retail stores and our store environment reflects these commitments. Most importantly, this position is responsible for ensuring a consistently inspiring retail experience for our Company’s retail consumers.
- In collaboration with Senior Director Field, establish and drive implementation strategy for our stores in alignment with adidas Global and NAM market strategic initiatives and direction.
- Lead team of District Managers, while creating engaging and productive relationships with business partners, including but not liminted to, Human Resources (HR), Talent Acquisition (TA), and Retail Training to support stores in hiring, coaching, development and recognition of store employees.
- Confidently lead District Leaders in the development and delivery of training for retail store employees, addressing product knowledge and service and selling skills.
- Provide clear direction and inspiring vision though relevant ambitions, objectives, commitments and KPIs in #mybest
- Display the leadership framework through coaching and developing talent, evaluating and providing feedback to promote high engagement and a high-performance culture
- Ensure District Managers and Store Leaders collaborate with Visual Excellence to establish and measure effective use of Brand Retail presentation standards to maximize sales.
- Visit stores to assess culture, behaviors and performance, developing solutions to simplify store operations supporting increased Brand awareness, productivity, workflow and ultimately the in-store consumer experience.
- Create a culture of accountability by ensuring operational metrics are achieved, budgeted expenses are controlled and standard operating procedures are consistently delivered.
- Maximize profitability across all US Stores, collaborating through input with retail leaders responsible for merchandise assortment, supply planning, distribution, visual merchandising, marketing and operational support to develop tactical action plans to support our sales and merchandise strategy
- Field District Managers, Field Store Teams, Corporate Store Operations, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Merchandising, Retail Experience, LP, Finance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to role model a proactive approach to strategy implementation, consistently communicating up, across and down to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams through complex, challenging and changing organizational climates.
- Extensive knowledge and in-depth understanding of retail concepts and terminology.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills through which desired results are delivered in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment.
- Ability to build trusting relationships through personal integrity; operating with confidence in accordance with expressed values and commitments.
- Ability to prioritize amongst competing demands to achieve short-term goals with a sense of urgency, while supporting long-term strategic initiatives.
- Willingness to set high-expectations and continuously improve within a high-performing team.
- Ability to operate effectively in multiple computer programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written, video, phone, in-person and email.
- Ability to travel > 50% of the time and in some cases with limited notice.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and ten (10) or more years retail management experience with at least three (3) of those years in a multi-unit position. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.