As a Director Digital Activation at adidas you are accountable for the digital execution of seasons for multiple/ major BUs or markets. Your task is to orchestrate the successful creation and execution of digital plans within the committed quality and timeframe. You will partner with major stakeholders in BUs and markets, as well as DBC planning, experience design and analytics teams to deliver/ implement seasonal digital plans across all digital consumer touch points. Additionally, you will act as primary contact point for a BU or a market for the creation and execution of digital season plans.
Additionally, you will lead the creation of clear requirements and alignment briefs for relevant parties, ensuring the implementation is in line with brand objectives and positioning.
Scope: Accountable for the digital execution of seasons for multiple/ major BUs or markets
- Season Plan Creation
- Orchestrate the creation of digital plans for BUs and markets, ensuring DBC input is provided into core brand milestones.
- Season Plan Execution
- Orchestrate the execution of the digital seasonal plan end-to-end, including digital campaigns and projects for the BUs and markets in your area of responsibility and across all stakeholders, including initial briefing, creative and technical development, integration and localization, user testing and quality assurance to post-launch A/B testing and optimization.
- Coordinate cross-functional digital teams in DBC, BUs, Brand global, markets, DIT and external agencies towards delivery to meet the expected deadlines and quality.
- Solve strategic delivery issues on time. Safeguard the delivery of critical scope items throughout the season.
- Identify needs for new capabilities in your area of responsibility. Partner with DBC product area owners to capture requirements into the corresponding product backlogs.
- Monitoring & Success Measurement
- Oversee quality of delivery to ensure that deliverables meet the brief and agreed scope.
- Define and implement success KPIs to ensure that implementations are optimized based on results and insights.
- Evolve digital tools and frameworks in close cooperation with the responsible product area owners.
- Create strong collaboration with major stakeholders of the BUs and markets within your area of responsibility, guiding them in best practices for digital production and continuously improving the execution process.
- Provide continuous transparency on status of implementations along the season to major key stakeholders.
- „If required“ Responsibilities
- People Management
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC objectives.
- Technical Solution Management
- Direct technology strategy and architecture recommendations for all projects.
- Ensure that correct technology processes are employed and followed by the project team e.g. release and QA planning, issue management, load/ performance testing deployment planning.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Develop and maintain project technical requirements specifications and project technical architecture documents.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Very good communication skills, comfortable presenting to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Distinctive strategic mindset and ability to prioritize and delegate high numbers of tasks with varying workload and importance
- Affinity with the Brand Marketing content delivery needs, solutions and processes
- Ability to handle ambiguity and untangle complex situations into actionable activities
- High resilience and solution oriented attitude
- Very good leadership skills
- In depth knowledge of technical and creative aspects of digital and mobile
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- In-depth understanding of digital IT products and capabilities
- Fluent in English both verbally and written
- Ideally Master degree with focus on Business Administration, Communication or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience working within an eCommerce environment
- 1+ year of experience in product management, working in an agile/SCRUM mode
- Experience working with stakeholders and experts at various seniority levels
- Experience in managing the implementation/running of campaign delivery organizations
- Experience/involvement in working in and understanding of the adidas Brand Marketing organization is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in leading a team