Lead and drive the Concept to Consumer process and holistic concept readiness from planning and concept creation to landing and monitoring the execution – across all global functions and markets –to deliver profitable and sustainable business results.
- Drive end-to-end collaboration with BU product creation teams to plan the optimal BU range within agreed BU and CTC strategy.
- Act as the horizontal function within BU and as link between HQ and market teams, secure cross-functional collaboration and execution.
- Input the BU strategy and drive global and markets’ CTC short- and mid-term strategic plans.
- Manage and drive the BU business and business planning (IBP) according to targets across all global functions and local markets - from top- to bottom-line and against all BU KPI’s.
- Monitor the business performance, identify opportunities / risks in all key markets and initiate action (including but not limited to: inventory, range efficiency, drop process, pricing, sell thru).
- Drive BU footprint in markets in terms of franchise management, range overlap, timing and number of seasonal stories, MSL and marketing activation.
- Lead and manage global CTC milestones (Commercial Input, GBC, GMM, VHO, 7MTS), secure holistic concept-readiness and drive information feedback loop between all involved functions/markets.
- Enable successful sell-in/sell-out of complete BU concepts according to BU objectives and agreed omni-channel marketing plan. Monitor execution to achieve consistency in execution across markets/channels.
- Manage monthly market calls including feedback process to BU teams.
- Develop specific CTC initiatives to support brand driving and/or commercially relevant plans for key markets and distribution channels (product launch, merchandising and assortment guidelines, business maintenance, issue resolution).
- Lead best practice sharing across regions and headquarter functions.
- Drive the US CTC plan and implementation across all channels in collaboration with BU product and marketing teams and US CTC and DTC.
- Manage ranging, sampling, pricing, segmentation, forecasting for US assortment and support pre-line meetings
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of local markets’ consumers, accounts, economic environment and commercial needs.
- Ideally GTM, Merchandising and/or Sales experience in a global or market function.
- Solid understanding of Sales mechanics in online and B&M.
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and influential management skills with the ability to work with others at all levels within an organization.
- Strategic thinking to build long term plans and agility to quickly adapt to changing business needs.
- Decision maker to initiate action in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze data and present to management in relevant concise manner.
- 10+ years progressive experience in product/merchandising, marketing and/or sales combined in a global footwear/apparel business.
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in required; advanced degree a plus.
- A well-rounded leader with strong collaboration and influencing skills to guide a Global matrix organization.
- Industry knowledge of sporting goods (or other consumer goods)
- Solid experience in attracting, hiring, developing and coaching a strong and talented staff. Has successfully built cohesive teams that have consistently stretched profit and business objectives. Builds productive, collaborative, cross-functional relationships across the organization.
- Fiscal planning and budget adherence