Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Lead and drive the concept-to-consumer process and holistic concept readiness from planning and concept creation to landing and monitoring the execution - across all channels in Hong Kong - to deliver profitable and sustainable business results.
- Lead range & assortment plans by store formats out of APAC range according to seasonal strategy and local needs, should be within local channel range architecture.
- Lead & execute the local country GTM process in line with APAC GTM direction and milestones.
- Key contact to APAC BU teams and local channel teams on range specific topics & concepts.
- Local "lead" bringing Hong Kong expertise input into APAC (business opportunities, consumer insights, trends, etc.).
- Keen understanding of the market dynamics and key consumer segments for Hong Kong.
- Local article management + SMUs briefs to APAC as needed/approved.
- Category expert for Hong Kong and input into the APAC market BU (business planning, input on range, forecasting, pricing, GTM for APAC Category Plan).
- Adjust local pricing within pricing corridor.
- Delivery of company standard margain and net sales for Hong Kong.
- Pre-sell / SMS sample order (aligned with APAC) and local management with support of Marketing Operations.
- Lead regular category performance review (sell-through tracking).
- Lead and develop Hong Kong CTC team including range architecture, category and channel assortment planning functions.
- Collaborate effectively across marketing and key business partners in Hong Kong and APAC, including but not limited to Sales, Own Retails, Business Planning & Operations and Supply Chain.
- Category net sales, net margin targets.
- Category OTB & IBP targets.
- Compliance to range segmentation.
- Compliance to price corridor.
- Brand Activation.
- Sales, Own Retail & E-Commerce.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Marketing Operations.
- Brand Director.
- General Manager.
- APAC BU.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of local market's consumers, accounts, economic environment and commercial needs.
- Ideally GTM, merchandising and/or sales experience in a global or market function.
- Solid understanding of sales mechanics in online and B&M.
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and influential management skills with the ability to work with others at all levels within an organization.
- Strategic thinking to build long-term plans and agility to quickly adapt to changing business needs.
- Decision maker to initiate action in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyse data and present to management in relevant concise manner.
- An energetic and resourceful individual who operates effectively with minimum direction and who pursues his/her objectives relentlessly.
- Has a positive, upbeat attitude and is passionate about their business and organization.
- The ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by and inter-relate with colleagues at all levels, particularly in a company with a very strong and rich corporate culture.
- An honest and forthright individual who is upfront and direct with subordinates, peers and management executives to whom he/she reports.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- More than 10 years progressive experience in product/merchandising, marketing and/or sales combined in a global footwear/apparel business.
- Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree a plus.
- A well-rounded leader with strong collaboration and influencing skills to guide a global matrix organization.
- Industry knowledge of sporting goods (or other consumer goods).
- Solid experience in attracting, hiring, developing and coaching a strong and talented team.
- Has successfully built cohesive teams that have consistently stretched profit and business objective.
- Build productive, collaborative, cross-functional relationships across the organization.
- Fiscal planning and budget adherence.
- Fluent in English & Cantonese, other APAC language will be beneficial.