- This position is intended to focus on the overall real estate portfolio management within the Americas region.
- Provide real estate coordination for adidas real estate portfolio, including managing the real estate approval and recommendation process, lease management and buy-vs-lease analysis.
- Serve as real estate expert to deliver end-to-end real estate solutions from the transaction to the handover, related to the CRE portfolio of office, distribution centers, showrooms, and general properties.
- Work closely with external real estate transaction management provider to develop & conduct negotiation strategies and bring transactions to closure.
- Provide input into financial planning; serve as a resource to financial analysts in budgeting, forecasting and reporting of expenses; and develop/administer capital and expense budgets for an assigned group of facilities
- Provide strategy development, portfolio analysis and realization of cost savings initiatives for the Company's regional real estate portfolio.
- Understand individual division business drivers and needs, then apply that knowledge and develop plans which deliver effective real estate portfolio and workplace solutions to support those business needs. This position is a key client touch point, and an opportunity to influence strategy and direction to add-value.
- Lead significant real estate projects within the region as the internal project manager and deliver them on time and budget at the defined quality.
- Interact directly with business leaders and work closely with a network of region & global resources to meet or beat individual site, region and Company real estate/facilities objectives and goals.
- In allof the above, understand the origin and reasoning behind key corporate needs, practices, and procedures as well as the Company’s overall business and portfolio management objectives.
- This position reports to the Senior Director CRE Region America. However, significant relationships must be developed with the FET, Global Work Places, and business unit managers to be effective.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong background in office and/or distribution center projects in all phase (transaction, design and construction)
- Strong transaction and negotiation skills in the RE environment
- Professional project management skills of design and construction of the real estate projects. Delivery of individual projects within the budgeted capital cost and agreed timeframe.
- Timely and appropriately detailed reporting to key stakeholders and Senior Management.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Education: BS Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Project Management or similar background
- Experience: 10 years in the direct management of construction programs including budget control, estimating, design, construction coordination and project scheduling. Professional registration or other advanced training is preferred.
- Special skills: An excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing is essential. Must have significant experience with budgeting, strategic planning, project management and project financial analysis.
- Experience in managing large scale projects with a budget of >10M
- Must be comfortable in a matrixed organization with a variety of stakeholders.
- Must be self-motivated and take the initiative to achieve business goals.
- Significant travel (20-30%) will be required.
- Significant business interruption and substantial additional expense may result from failure to achieve the requirements of this position.