Consumer Engagement is central to the eCOM business. By understanding and engaging with adidas & reeboks 15+ million addressable consumer base, the Consumer Engagement Director will lead a team and provide strategic leadership who will drive activation, engagement, conversion and consumer analytics. The Director of Consumer Engagement, reporting to the Sr. Director of Digital Activation will manage all aspects of Consumer Engagement, including working with internal stakeholders to execute cutting edge consumer focused campaigns, devising and executing new automated consumer lifecycle programs, managing the dynamic content operations team with a high load of newsletter campaigns going out, devising strategies for driving new leads into the base and managing the prioritization and optimization of work and processes for the consumer engagement team.
Scope: You will lead cross-functional initiatives and teams to identify and produce high impact initiatives in consumer engagement for both adidas and reebok & implementing those short and long-term initiatives and related action plans that drive incremental revenue and engagement.
You will drive provide senior leadership, direction and strategy for four key areas (and one dotted line) within Consumer Engagement to ensure works in a collaborative and way. You will need a holistic overview of the consumer journey and to be engage and create cutting edge campaigns to engage in a consumer first way.
- Leading a team of 3 who are responsible for driving and evolving the consumer lifecycle communications, driving new leads into the database for Europe for the brands of adidas and reebok and ultimately driving an increase overall customer lifetime value
Consumer Lifecycle Management
- Lead a team who create and execute cutting edge lifecycle/behavioral campaigns based on consumer/business insights to further connect the brand to consumers through e-mail, push notifications, direct mail and new digital communications
Dynamic Email Communications and Push Notifications
- Lead a team who are responsible for developing strategic and process improvements to drive brand affinity and sales, through email and push notification communication for eCOM Europe.
- Lead a cross functional team who are responsible for the local implementation, operation and continuous improvement of the Membership Program with key focus on boosting Consumer Acquisition, Purchase Frequency, and NPS.
Consumer Analytics (dotted line)
- Working with our co-located consumer analytics team who are responsible for driving insight from our customer database to provide actionable insights to improve campaign performance and greater knowledge of who the customer is.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop the future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions.
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level by creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and WE objectives.
- Wider Digital Activation teams – content and planning
- .Com teams
- Media Activation Teams
- DBC Agile product teams
- DBC Consumer Engagement
- Local Markets/Countries
- Digital Analytics teams
- External vendors
Education & Experience
- Degree with focus on Business Administration, Communication or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment
- 3+ year of leading teams
- Advanced knowledge in Consumer Engagement domain
- Experience in managing highly complex processes, involving multiple teams in different geographies
- Experience in product management and/or working using agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Proven track record of driving significant improvements in engagement and revenue using CRM programs, including email and other outbound push channels.
- Leadership skills in a highly agile, energized and demanding work environment
- Holistic overview of the consumer journey
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business processes and business partners
- Very good communication & negotiation skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a high energy for change, a Passion for sports and a strong sense of humor
- Strong personal organization and project management and prioritization abilities, as well as anticipating business needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (you'll be working with several internal teams to bring your plans to life).
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- Knowledge of process optimization methodologies is a plus
- Fluent English both verbally and written