Purpose and Overall Relevance for the Organization
The adidas Fair Play Compliance Framework is overseen by the Company’s Management and Supervisory Boards. The purpose of the Fair Play Framework is to:
- Support the achievement of qualitative and sustainable growth through good corporate governance practice.
- Reduce and mitigate the risk of financial losses or damage caused by non-compliant conduct.
- Protect and further enhance the value and reputation of the company and its brands through compliant conduct.
- Preserve diversity by fighting harassment and discrimination.
The Director Compliance / Strategy & Operations reports to the Senior Director Compliance – Global Compliance Team Manager. The purpose of his/her function is to coordinate the activities of the central, regional, and local operations of the compliance organization under the Chief Compliance Officer, drive the continuous enhancement of the compliance management system, develop methodology and guidance, and assume diverse cross-functional project tasks.
- Assume diverse cross-functional project tasks, in particular, in interaction with diverse business functions, e.g. Sport Marketing or Procurement (expected to represent 50% of time allocation).
- Drive and coordinate the activities of the central, regional, and local operations of the compliance organization
- Formulate, implement and revise the compliance strategy and maintain and revise a Strategic Compliance Plan to support achievement of the group’s Compliance objectives
- Oversee and drive the management of a Strategic Compliance Plan, in particular by monitoring and tracking regular processes, controls and reporting
- Monitor the implementation of a strategic Compliance Plan in collaboration with central and regional Compliance functions as well as business and other support functions
- Drive the continuous enhancement of the compliance management system
- Provide assistance to internal and external auditors as well as other service providers for relevant inquiries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise and experience in a compliance function
- Project management experience, in particular covering complex cross-functional projects in diverse fields
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with internal and/or external parties
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken), German or other relevant language skills are advantageous
- Comprehensive business understanding of processes and structure
- High degree of stakeholder orientation and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to manoeuver in consistently challenging environment
- Ability to develop and execute strategy
- Excellent analytical skills in order to analyze complex issues
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree preferably in Business/Finance or Law
- Minimum 8-10 years relevant work experience