At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- Capture, prioritize and structure the business demands and requirements to create a multi-year strategy and roadmap for your respective IT department. Align delivery milestones for the demand portfolio with business partners, taking into account business priorities, strategy and the respective IT delivery capabilities.
- In order to create the roadmap/project portfolio, lead and facilitate workshops in strategically important areas with both business and IT. Understand and manage demand dependencies within the business community and across GIT to maximize added value and continuous business process improvement.
- Take full responsibility for delivering into the agreed project/portfolio/RFC execution within the boundaries of time, cost & quality and for managing the customers’ expectations and requirements. This includes leading negotiations and fully understanding the impact of the project results on the organization to ensure proper escalation management, if needed. Furthermore, manage and oversee the stabilization and sustainable handover of projects to the respective support teams.
- Build up and lead scalable/sustainable delivery team through identifying resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities in order to execute successfully.
- Lead and drive change management for the respective projects and ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits. This also includes proper documentation, training, controls and metrics.
- Oversee and resolve any escalations in application operations to ensure that GIT targets and KPIs are achieved. Manage service level adjustments, either up or down, depending on business needs.
- Proactively identify and deliver KSR efficiency potentials and savings. Drive quality improvement actions.
Functional and Technical Expertise
- Full end-to-end understanding of respective business processes and best practices in order to translate internal and external trends into deliverables for the business. Drive these initiatives by securing a sponsor, resources and budget to realize added value and contribution to innovation within business and GIT.
- Continuously enhance the current system landscape towards customer satisfaction by performing projects or change requests through the IT process life-cycle (Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, Go-Live and Support)
- Develop a healthy and productive relationship with key customers/business and senior management stakeholders that you have identified. Manage these relationships to meet their business needs and align expectations. Always strive to improve business partner satisfaction, e.g. Net Promoter Score improvements.
- Represent your respective function at internal or external events when applicable.
Financials and Controlling
- Ensure the portfolio of I-codes you’re overseeing are transparent and effectively managed. Take appropriate action should any concerns arise. If required, manage respective budget through tracking and reporting the monthly budget accruals and variances and ensure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Manage the end-to-end financial process by providing accurate and thorough budget planning, target setting and adjustments, if required. Drive cost efficiency.
- Ensure that all financial and controlling commitments and targets are fully achieved through compliance with adidas Group standards. Work closely with the controlling department.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to effectively manage the respective organization, identify and develop future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocate the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data, analysis and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide a clear framework for performance to direct reports or project team
- Ability to coach, guide and manage a (project)team
- Pro-active (engaging & impact-oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end
- Ability to be self-directed while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Business- and solution-oriented, global mindset
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty
- Expert knowledge of respective business processes and IT systems
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong experience in working on several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups) especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Fluent English (verbal and written),
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.