At adidas we're redefining our digital presence by creating engaging experiences across all our consumer touch points that drive brand desirability and sales. Here’s your chance to be part of the team leading the charge.
You’ll be part of the digital content planning team in our global HQ in Herzogenaurach. We are a dynamic, collaborative and diverse English speaking team with a passion for sport, our consumers and our brands.
As a digital content planner you will deliver consumer-focused vertical and horizontal content plans (both seasonal and ad hoc) that determine what campaign-specific content adidas should run across different marketing channels or touch points, based on adidas campaign and content strategy frameworks.
Besides working with other content planners in your immediate team, you will spend much of your time collaborating with category-specific global and local marketing teams across the business so, as well as world-beating planning capabilities, having your finger on the pulse of digital content innovations and bags of editorial creativity, outstanding stakeholder management is a must-have skill in this role.
- Content planning
- Deliver detailed PowerPoint and Excel content plans to category and cross-category digital marketing teams. These will include calendarized channel-based content solutions anchored to agreed KPIs, as well as deliverables lists that agencies use to determine what still and moving images they need to capture on shoots, and what assets they need to deliver to adidas.
- Investigate new content formats (both inside and outside of adidas) with a view to deploying them in the campaigns you are working on.
- Proof campaign content.
- Collaborate with consumer insight teams to understand digitally-relevant consumer and commercial drivers, and reflect them in your content plans.
- Communicate plans to stakeholders within your area of responsibility, providing transparency on deliverables and timelines for the upcoming season, including creation and leverage of assets.
- Communicate with relevant internal and external content creators to enable them to deliver against content plans and content strategy guidelines.
- Create, implement and share planning and content best practices with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the optimization of future plans based on results and insights from analytics and UX teams.
- Success measurement
- Delivery of content plans on time and in full.
- Identification and transparent communication of risks to the above.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Soft skills
- Good communication skills, comfortable presenting to stakeholders at various organizational levels, both in person and remotely.
- Demonstrable project management experience and a high level of organization.
- Ability to understand consumer behavior across the entire digital landscape.
- Ability to handle pressure and untangle complex situations into actionable activities.
- Hard skills
- Deep knowledge of technical and creative aspects of digital (with a focus on mobile).
- Mastery of relevant software – PowerPoint and Excel.
- Comfortable working with new platforms and technologies.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Degree in marketing, media or journalism.
- 5+ years of professional experience working in a digitally-focused marketing or editorial planning role in multi-national business environment, with direct experience of campaign content planning.
- A history of developing content strategies, creating content and subbing.
- A track record of stakeholder management, various levels of seniority.