Manage the product development process for assigned styles from seasonal kick off through to commercialization. Collaborate with internal teams and suppliers to provide effective transition from brief/design through to development “buy-ready” commercialisation, on time, within the agreed margin parameter and at the required quality standards.
- Ensure target price and product designs are aligned through predictive costing. Review, validate and approve T1 costing information throughout the entire creation process. Ensure compliance to agreed standards. Negotiate with T1 as needed
- Manage handover from design to T1 to ensure that all information provided to T1 is complete. Manage T1 feedback to design and marketing and incorporate where quality or cost can be improved without sacrificing product aesthetics
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry by T1 regarding AD/BOM, costing or other data as required at calendar milestones
- Evaluate all prototypes for compliance with AD, manages fit approval/size specification, approval of color, accessories and materials. Manage comments to T1
- Ensure that all materials and accessories as well as prototypes are tested and adhere to adidas quality, safety and A01 standards. Manage quality exceptions with senior management as needed
- Review and sign off sealing sample with complete AD including all related documents prior to buy ready dates. Ensure full conformity to published policies to ensure a final legal AD for final product
Knowledge, Capabillities and Experience
- Knowledge of material construction and related testing
- Knowledge of production garment construction and manufacturing
- Ability to fit a garment and comment to T1 on changes required
- Knowledge of costing and ability to negotiate as required
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Advanced IT skills (MS Office) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
- Domestic and International Travel as required
- Four-year college or university degree in clothing technology and/or manufacturing or comparable education.
- 1-2 years of work experience in garment/textile industry
This temporary role has a substantive cause.