At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To design market right products for the adidas brand as part of an international design team in cooperation with marketing and development.
- Design and develop creative solutions to concepts within a range. Present the designs in context to the category direction.
- implement the creative vision in a product range for the category.
- Self-Manage own creative process and execute towards given design languages within the category.
- Execute design work according to the visual language of adidas as well as given Corporate Identity guidelines according to legal guidance.
- Verbally present product ideas and details with clarity
- Ensure efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development (within x- functional team) for all issues regarding the designed ranges and products
- Ensure proper handover of sketches into development. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as sketches, detail sketches, fabric and trim indication, artworks …
- Visualize ideas for products and ranges with a high degree of expertise.
- Team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/industrial product or industrial design
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good knowledge of product development, material and trims
- Passion for Design
- High level of creativity
- Knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from a college or university, major Design
- 3 years of practical experience in design environment (Footwear/ Apparel/ Accessories - or industrial design, fashion design or similar design related areas)
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.