This position is responsible for assisting the Creative Direction team in researching, identifying and presenting the color palette and relevant color trends for each season. The Color Designer 1 works with the Global Color Team to ensure a clear color and trend direction across all product categories and follows the seasonal design direction set by the Creative Director and Senior Management team.
- Identify and interact with trend services and gather relevant trend information from multi-media, shows, internet, travel and retail. This information will be processed in order to create seasonal color palettes.
- Present color seasonally - both verbally and graphically with palettes and imagery relating to the seasonal design themes.
- Collaborate with Apparel, Footwear, Graphics and Accessories color counterparts to ensure consistent brand color messaging.
- Lead design and product marketing groups to formulate their specific color stories and combinations and execute retail viable color combinations to support color themes.
- Assist in the distribution and communication of all relevant color materials globally to ensure continuity of the color direction.
- Utilize knowledge of apparel materials and printing processes to ensure high level of color quality and consistency across materials.
- Create and present color reports and other collateral that supports the brand color palette and the seasonal decisions made on color direction
- Travel to markets, shows and other venues domestically and internationally to research and deliver color, design, market and lifestyle trends. Deliverables take the form of graphic presentations, installations, and regular trend updates to the design and Reebok community.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong team player as well as ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of color trends and how they evolve
- Knowledge of color theory, color compatibility, and color placement
- Knowledge of color and material development, color achievability, dyeing, printing, etc.
- Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion/apparel design, product design, or graphic design.
- 2+ years of design experience as a Color Designer or in a closely related field.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work quickly in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Knowledge and understanding of color theory; superior passing score on Munsell color test.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to work proactively, both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Curious and eager to engage in research to find answers and approaches to projects and processes.