Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To ensure appropriate apparel ranges are designed for the Reebok brand in Asia, as part of a regional design team, in cooperation with Global Marketing, Product Management and Product Development.
- Design products for the Asian Regional Apparel range, based upon input from product management, in order to supply the needs of the Asian market consumer.
- Own the creative process to make sure that the final products meet Business Unit commercial and image objectives.
- Collect relevant information needed to create Asian-specific sports apparel collections. This is to include all possible sources to gain this information: Trade publications, trade fair, sports events, general interest press, trend services, fashion & sportswear magazines, store checks, market visit and team travel.
- Execute product design vs the visual language of Reebok and CI guidelines
- Design apparel collections along required seasonal timelines.
- Prepare designs through sketching by hand and by using design computers such as Apple Mac.
- Create working drawings and colored sketches for design presentations.
- Draw-up mood and presentation boards to support design presentations.
- Produce sketches/drawings for product catalogues.
- Present ranges and collections internally and help with presentations, which support the launch of ranges and products designed by the designer externally.
- Ensure that all relevant information needed for the development process is submitted in a timely manner to Product Development and ensure that appropriate levels of interaction and communication are maintained with Product Development.
- Collaborate with Product Management on all issues regarding the realization of defined collections.
- Assist with design presentations to support the launch of products.
- Produce trend, travel and research reports in an accurate and timely manner.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- BA or MA in Fashion Design or Functional Apparel design.
- Knowledge of functional sportswear products.
- Experience in design, preferably in Mens or Kids apparel design.
- Fluent in verbal and written English and able to communicate effectively and easily in Business English, both verbally and in writing.
- High level of creativity
- Computer skills on Apple Mac (Illustrator, PhotoShop)
- Knowledge of, or experience with, functional sportswear products
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.