At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Create industry leading advanced design solutions that provide seasonal design direction. Lead and establish team and direction of designs provided by the Senior Design Director. Maintain and nurture the design, material and color direction with the Design team, Development, Marketing and the consumer. Influence wider horizontal design teams developing seasonal Brand initiatives across key categories based on direction given by Senior Design Director.
- Develop the seasonal Direction of the Design according to market trends as well as overall Design Direction and ensure consistency though products and ranges
- Be at a global forefront of design trends and innovation as well as their application
- Steer and drive the conceptualization process
- Manage a team towards objectives and implement process changes
- Steer and coach team members and their creative processes and drive development of direct reports.
- Inspire and motivate teams to pursue cutting edge ideas that are innovative and original in the market, by researching functional criteria for product and product concepts and outlining area of innovation
- Work closely with category and Future design to drive seamless collaboration.
- Ensure the correct execution of Corporate Identity guidelines and against legal restrictions within the category.
- Verbally present strategies with clarity and expertise.
- Disseminate Design Strategy into design team and x-functional teams
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to Digital Presentation
- Ensure efficient processes and communication between external and internal teams
- Category & Future Design
- Team members
- External partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Profound knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/industrial product or industrial design
- Innovative and collaborative leader and coach
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- High level of initiative & maturity
- Ability to inspire, think creatively and strategically as well as to act tactically
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a relevant Design subject or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years practical experience in a relevant area
- Minimum of 3 years of management including team leadership
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.