Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Lead a well-trained, highly effective DC outbound team to pick, pack and ship all deliveries to the agreed service levels so as to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Lead and manage the warehouse outbound team to meet daily requirements of all customer demands from internal stock movement, picking, packing, shipping till the handover to 3PL
- Work closely with DC Planning and other DC ops teams, to understand forecasted volumes and priorities, and plan outbound people and equipment resources accordingly, to achieve on time in full delivery of all customer orders. Effectively manage shift patterns and number of staff employed through increasing / reducing temporary staff employed in a timely manner so as to achieve both customer service levels and productivity/cost KPI.
- Responsible for DC Outbound SOP; take initiatives for making continuous enhancement in process/system
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to remedy customer needs while improving compliance, minimizing operating cost, and effecting greater customer satisfaction.
- Maintain inventory integrity by working with Inventory Control Managers, and the team through the execution of effective cycle counting, and the strict adherence of established procedures utilizing MA systems.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains a system for identification, evaluation of team and employee productivity rates utilizing MA systems tools and reports.
- Communicate effectively with all peers within the DC ensuring that short term targets are achieved and necessary long term improvements are shared and aligned.
- Engage in and oversee a effective training process of all staff in the DC both at induction but also on going so as to achieve a high performance for both productivity and safety.
- Ensure the site has good controls in place to provide a healthy and safe place of work for all staff. This includes assignment responsibilities to a number of key DC staff, to work closely with the site EHS, that covers training and ongoing compliance.
- Develop mutual back-ups and succession plan; grow talents with coaching, feedback and more exposure. Establish a high-performing, highly motivated team with a good control of employee turnover.
. DC Planning, DC Inbound, DC Inventory Control, DC Equipment Maintenance, Transportation
. OBF, Sports Marketing, QC, IT, HR, Admin, Finance, 3PL, equipment vendors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of WMS, and warehouse operations process. Familiarity with Manhattan would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of the interfaces between business systems and WMS
- Project management skills
- Good sense of customer service; excellent in communications
- Fluent in English languages both written and verbal
- Management skills of vendors, especially related to warehouse equipment
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- College BS degree of above
- 6-10 years logistics experience, preferably 3+ years in a large-scale, automated DC.
- 5 years people management experience, with 2+ year in a multinational company