Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- To maintain an account base for Sales that is not only credit worthy but also profitable for both adidas and our Retailer. Timely collection of past due balances, settling disputes, and the general maintenance of the credit account in a timely and professional manner. Maintain communications with customers, financial institutions, Customer Satisfaction, territory sales managers and associate reps.
- Judicious granting of credit and maintenance of accounts receivable $40 to $80+ million per month by reviewing credit hold reports and the release of orders within established guidelines. Reconcile priority aging and collect from past due accounts; research claims, customer problems and chargebacks. Make decisions to write off appropriate items as outlined in Credit Department Policy.
- Communicate daily with the Credit Manager to discuss guidelines for account base, recap any high-risk issues on set accounts and determine necessary actions. Communicate with customers, Sales reps, Customer Service, Compliance, Logistics, EDI as well as other adidas departments as necessary.
- Initiate and respond to correspondence from the customers and all internal adidas departments in a timely manner to ensure good customer service. Set necessary follow-ups. Negotiate partial claim payments/settlements agreements with customers with approval from the Manager above set dollar amounts.
- Research and submit reports to the Credit Manager and the Director of Credit on specific significant past due and high -risk accounts. Respond to verbal requests for credit information, references from other suppliers. Attend Trade Credit meetings when appropriate. Create spreadsheets to Sales on specific Key account issues.
- Maintenance of the Customer Masterfile by monitoring and submitting necessary paperwork for Manager’s approval (e.g. address changes, drop-ship adds and deletes, extended dating). Travel at the discretion and directional purpose of the Credit Manager or Director of Credit.
- Request, review financial statements and make recommendations to the Credit Manager for credit line changes, credit restrictions and collection strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position may be responsible for sensitive Inter-company accounts such as Promo or Salesman Samples. These accounts are highly visible and political in nature and require an individual who can hold confidentiality and who is highly professional in nature.
- Customer Service, Sales Reps and Managers, outside vendors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use negotiation skills with excellent oral, written and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to show attention to detail oriented.
- Ability to work with a variety of departments and personalities to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under time constraints and ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Displays strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to represent adidas in a professional manner. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive Customer financial information.
- Proficient in a variety of systems including SAP, Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word), DMS (document management system), & Returns Authorization system.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and at least two years related experience and/or training.