At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
To design industry leading executions of Footwear and/or Apparel through color, material, and construction.
- Continuously aware of information needed to design a consumer and brand relevant collection. Should include all possible sources to gain this information:
- Trade fairs, cultural events, and sporting events, athlete insights
- Trade publications, general interest press, trend services, fashion and sportswear magazines and websites
- Store checks, market visits, and team travel as provided
- Relevant forecast and sell-through numbers from our Marketing counterparts
- Assists in seasonal and long-term design direction for their category within the following topics:
•Footwear and Apparel Color
- Contributes to aforementioned design direction by, but not limited to:
- Providing trend forecasting content relevant to our consumer and brand
•Providing direction and assisting in developing materials with the Material Team
•Working with Local and Global counterparts to provide category relative Color and Material direction when required
•Supports M3 Senior Team Lead to build content for collaborative stakeholders among Marketing, Product Managers, Designers and between Key Account and Inline
- Works closely with members of the category’s design team. This includes but is not limited to:
•Providing Color and Material content and direction
•Collaboration and critiquing
•To understand technical details of the product
- Builds top-line range strategy into their product range. This includes but is not limited to:
•Support Senior Team Lead by owning holistic category overviews, rollouts, and merchandising strategy for the category
•Supports communication content to Footwear, Apparel, and Graphics Teams to align strategy
•Support and inform horizontal brand moments and category moments by leading products, Color and Material narratives/executions, and tiered rollout plans in partnership with Design, Marketing, and CTC. This is a collaborative effort across disciplines & functions together.
- Design Footwear Color and Material executions for Inline and/or Key Account ranges with input from Design, Marketing, and Development. This includes but is not limited to:
•Seasonal prep and research stated above
•Creates product design presentations; both physical and digital
•Exploratory process to reach final solution
•Creates Color CADs, Material Maps ,& Graphic Maps.
•Considers the larger impact of creating merchandized range
•Works closely with Development to assist in development process & costing; meet development timelines and calendar deadlines per seasonal milestone.
•Travel to Asia for development trips
•Assists in communicating inspiration and storytelling to Marketing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop
- Power Point/Key Note
- Apple Mac Operating system
- 3D not required, but beneficial
- Understanding of brand history and current positioning
- Understanding of marketplace (footwear/streetwear/urban) history, consumer, and current positioning
- Has a strong understanding of color and material trends, application, and cycles
- Ability to understand design concepts and think conceptually
- Ability to create designs that meet category needs and commercial opportunities
- Ability to design for new initiatives and products with a fresh, innovative perspective
- Ability to operate in a fast pace, ever changing work environment
- Works well in a team environment. This position requires employee to engage with many stakeholders, as well as manage various information and relationships
- Ability and desire to push themselves, others, and the brand forward.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with key business partners
- Four year college or university degree in industrial, graphics, apparel or footwear design
- Practical experience in footwear design, fashion design or any design relevant environment
- Thorough knowledge of art and design with clear understanding of visual design or any design related environment
- Three years relevant work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.