At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
To design new colour ways/blockings, new material versions, and graphics for footwear projects in the adidas Performance Division as part of an international design team in cooperation with marketing and development.
- Be at the global forefront of design trends, innovation, and their application, to make sure that the final product meets commercial, and image objectives.
- Create new colour ways, select materials, and create graphics for footwear, based on the direction from your superiors, and in close cooperation with marketing.
- Ensure good communication with product management and development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create footwear colours, material combinations, and graphics vs. the visual language of adidas Performance design direction, and in case of graphics the CI guidelines of adidas, and seasonal direction given by the graphic design team.
- Create material direction together with footwear designer, and in line with the direction from superiors.
- Give input for the seasonal colour card.
- Work closely with footwear designer, and act as a team.
- Create footwear graphics of any kind.
- Collect relevant information needed to create truly international life style footwear colours, material, and graphics.
- Produce trend and travel reports, as well in the meaning of supporting other members of the design team in producing these reports, and presentations.
- Ensure proper and complete detailed handover of colour Cads , Materials, and graphic artworks to development.
- Present created work, and help with presentations, which support the launch of products designed by the footwear designer.
- Upload Cads into the internal software system (like PDM/DMT).
- BA or MA in Graphic design or comparable education
- Advanced computer skills on Apple Mac or PC (Adobe Illustrator, Freehand, Photo Shop)
- Footwear (sneaker culture) graphic knowledge / footwear product knowledge
- High level of creativity
- Preferably a background in, and passion for the Sneaker culture
- Minimum 3 years of experience in graphic design
- Fluent in English
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.