Reporting to the Senior Trademark Counsel, this position will ensure the provision of and co-ordinate the services necessary to protect Intellectual Property of adidas group in China
- Manage anti-counterfeiting and IP enforcement actions in China, including arranging AIC/PSB raid actions, supervising investigation agents and action process and evaluate the results.
- Trademark and design clearance, provide advice to business with the aim of lowering business risks in using certain logos, designs, etc.
- Manage IP litigations, mainly litigations based on criminal/administrative raid actions, manage and coordinate with law firms and agents.
- Monitor Chinese markets and review/investigate sightings of suspected counterfeiting/infringing activities.
- Develop proactive recommendations and plans to prevent counterfeiting/infringing activities and to improve the efficiency of remedial actions for each enforcement category.
- Manage Customs IP protection matters, including investigation for civil actions or criminal cases, container monitor.
- Manage internet enforcement activities, including identifying and investigate suspicious targets, coordinate with enforcement authorities and internet service providers to improve the enforcement activities, advice on suitable enforcement actions.
- Develop and maintain cooperation and relationship with government/regulatory bodies and outside partners to facilitate the relevant anti-counterfeiting and enforcement activities.
- Provides management direction and oversight to retain outside investigation and legal firms including policy guidance, strategies and standards.
- Maintain data of raids and seizures and create reports and highlights on actions taken and market monitor status.
- Provide support on other anti-piracy/infringement matters
- External law firms and investigation agents
- Government authorities;
- Internet service providers;
- Internal sales, operational, CSD, CCS departments, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Strong business acumen.
- A team player, logical, diligent and pro-active.
- Be able to respond in a speedy and efficient manner and work under pressure and under a tight time frame.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Based in Shanghai and frequent travel in China is required.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree with focus on IP/legal
- At least 4-5 years of experience in anti-counterfeiting, investigation and enforcement for international brands in China.
- IT Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Mandarin.
- PRC bar qualified is a plus.