To conduct research and analysis for all Reebok Innovation Footwear projects at the concept, component and finished shoe level. This role is critical in facilitating the creation of Innovation franchises.
- Manages all aspects of product evaluation on various Innovation platforms, focusing on data collection and establishing test protocol in physical bench top testing and human subject research throughout the product creation process.
- Manage all protocol for testing and qualification of viability of new components and finished product coming from the Innovation team.
- Utilizes a disciplined approach to the management of internal projects within Innovation and component qualifications at all third party suppliers involved with those projects.
- Conduct primary and secondary due diligence to support Innovation research and validation from initial brief through commercialization. Provide data and intel to guide key concepts through the readiness process
- Make recommendations for how product testing can support broader marketing claims and stories for sell-in and/or sell-through
Internally: Innovation Design and Development Team Members, Far East Innovation Development Centers, Global Operations, Advanced Creation Testing, US and FE Material group, Consumer Insights, and Quality
External: wear testing subjects and volunteers in Research studies; third party vendor partners for test protocol assessment; contracted resources; and third party material and component suppliers.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Word, Excel, Access and Statistical Software.
- A thorough understanding of the scientific research process.
- An ability to take a methodical problem solving approach.
- An ability to persevere and drive a research program to completion.
- Ability to conduct research including collecting, recording and analyzing mechanical and sensory data in an unbiased, objective manner.
- Ability to synthesize data and write test results in a clear concise manner.
- Understanding research protocols, experimental designs and statistics.
- Understanding the determinants of human performance and the specific activities for which the product is intended.
- Technical writing ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a group.
- Culturally connected to sports and fitness worlds.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- ·Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Exercise Science, Industrial Design, Manufacturing or a related field.
- ·3+ years Project Management experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for both local and global discussions regarding product engineering and project management.
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- The person must be capable of making sound, logical decisions based on Innovation short and long term goals.
- Capable of working independently within the context of established research protocol.
The Reebok brand has moved their HQ to a 220,000 square-foot section of the Innovation and Design Building in Boston’s Seaport District. This move has brought community fitness to a next generation design and innovation space; the all new workplace fosters a vibrant collaborative culture and allows the brand to be closely connected to the community in Boston. Alongside state-of-the-art office spaces, the headquarters is equipped with an employee fitness center and a retail store.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.