- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure both in IGAAP and IFRS.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close. Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information and provide clear, quantifiable cause for change from forecast
- Support Manager in preparation of statutory financial statements
- Support Manager in ensuring statutory and Group audits are completed on time, liaison with auditors.
- Overall knowledge of business, Sales, overheads to support budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Assess impact of regulatory changes on business and develop plan to address the same from accounting point of view.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Supervise the general ledger group, allocate jobs judiciously to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
Chartered Accountant, preferably first attempt with solid understanding of IGAAP and IFRS
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Three to five years of experience in relevant field
- Experience in preparing financial statements, liaison with auditors
- Must be proficient in computers (excel, power point etc.) and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
- Experience with SAP/Navision or other large automated accounting system a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.