- Work closely with internal functional teams and vendors to well manage the entire direct or non-direct development process and sample/bulk production quality of assigned vendors by monitoring the relevant E2E process and executing company standards, aiming to make sure adidas-Group products are consistently developed & delivered to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Manage/monitor the DD/non-DD development process from design to release of bulk production focusing on prototype sampling, costing, testing, and quality control to ensure development is completed up to adidas standards and targets before defined buy ready date.
- Working with vendors and internal functional teams to ensure all development objectives are met and to build up good relationship with the counterparts to streamline the development flow and communication chains among all key stakeholders.
- Proactively work with vendors and internal functional teams to provide DFM (Design for Manufacturing) DFP, (Design for Profitability) suggestions, valuable material/product innovation proposals, cost saving proposals and other proposals on workmanship and construction during development process.
- Well manage vendors to ensure products are developed 100% in line with company quality & test standards, and make sure 100% achievement of the assigned development relevant KPIs such as sample delivery, on time Buy Ready, target price, etc.
- Ensure development systems are well maintained by vendors; give training to vendors on system upgrade or new systems.
- Organize the Pre-Production Meetings for assigned product categories and suppliers to ensure the quality of bulk productions fully complied with the defined product quality standards.
- Closely work in a quality driven manner with internal functional teams and vendors in order to secure the consistent quality of production environment, production processes and finished goods.
- Make sure the implementation of the standards and measures which ensure quality is involved in each single production step and flowing across the whole production process to achieve the quality performance target assigned by the company.
- Handle customer claims or returns and analyse the reasons of defects in order to eradicate duplication and favour right first time.
- Support SEA team to make sure SEA policies/rules are well implemented by all T1 factories.
- Drive T1 vendors to initiate ME solution aiming to increase the production efficiency or secure product quality, also support T1 vendors to achieve the assigned ME targets.
- Provide/coordinate the appropriate training and support to vendors targeting at executing and delivering the excellence of production and quality.
- Creation Centre
- Sourcing Operations
- Global Quality team
- Regional Material team
- ME team
- SEA Team
- LO Costing
- LO Planning
- T1 & T2 vendors
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Strong planning & organizing skills
- Good understanding of costing principles and process;
- Ability to create, plan and deliver presentations
- Fluent English, written and verbal, BULATS level 3 or equivalent, other languages are plus
- Good IT/PC operation skills including Excel, Word and PPT.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University Degree in textile or relevant major/industry.
- 3+ years progressive work experience in sports goods sourcing in development or production management or quality control related fields
- Knowledge of Accessories & Gear products is recommended.
- Lean, 6 Sigma background is plus
- Passion and interest in athletic competition, sports or fitness related activities