At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- Assist Material Manager to maximize material supply excellence and competitiveness through communication with Tier 2 vendors
- Monitor SCP (Supplier Certification Program) performance for T2 suppliers.
- Communicate adidas policies and procedures to T2 suppliers to create VAP (Vendor approval process/ New T2 release processing.
- Manage the color process with T2- color rings.
- Sustainability program implementation with the T2.
- Support the Material Expert functions under LO responsibility.
- Build effective communication between adidas sourcing, Tier 1, and Tier 2 suppliers and lead supply chain initiatives to optimize material sourcing regarding material deliveries, qualities and services.
- Finding and developing new innovative products/ processing in local.
- Collaborate with HQ, and LO teams to identify material directions with suppliers to develop innovative new materials that bring value to our consumers.
- Lead implementation of seasonal VMI programs with T2 partners.
- Ensure that new suppliers are released following MSMOG (Material Supplier Master Operating Guidelines) guidelines and that constants updates of standards (A01: policy for control and monitoring of hazardous substances, NDA: non-disclosure Agreement, SoE: Standards of Engagement, etc) are provided to all T2s.
- Monitoring forecast information on time and accurately. T1/T 2 connectivity and supplier’s capacity in order to ensure that materials are delivered timely.
- Coordinate innovation material development projects across LO.
- Coordinate critical material delivery issues- capacity management.
- Lead the central development coordination of material localization.
- Collaborate on SPC program by collecting reliable data from all factories. Evaluate SCP from T1 perspective to identify improvement opportunities.
- Organization of seasonal vendor fair and vendor meetings.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or university, prefer study of polymer chemistry, textile engineering, or other material-related field.
- Minimum 4 years manufacturing related experience (especially leather, textile, or polymer) and/or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Understanding of technical and functional footwear processes is a plus.
- Project management skills.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.