- Fully accountable for development, commercialization, product integrity, manufacturability, Create To Value (CTV), performance to target FOB of a selection of products within a category.
- Support the Category Team Leader (CTL) or Development & Commercialization Manager (DCM) in managing the development and commercialization process of assigned products in collaboration with Tier 1 factory personnel and technical teams. Provides specific technical expertise to ensure effective transition of footwear design into samples and production while ensuring the manufacturability, material selection, material standards, development timeline and cost to target are met.
- Support the CTL (Category Team Leader) or DCM (Development and Commercialization Manager) in a continuous upgrade of technical applications and processes and implementation of new technology in development and engineering.
- Operationally, account for development/commercialization area with predefined scope of responsibilities.
- Guide and collaborate with factory direct developer and contribute considerably to the achievement of team objectives.
- Explain product requirements and standards to factory and/or LO teams to achieve shared goals.
- Influence HQ (Design, Marketing, Brand Operations, Quality) and external parties (Factory Development & Commercialization & Production) and drive change using principle centered vs policy driven with adi Dassler Standards as the center of focus in managing/ solving conflicts.
- Make day to day decisions within defined scope (with support on complex issues)
- Execute defined directives.
- HQ Product Teams (Design, Marketing, Brand Operations, PCT.)
- Factory Development teams.
- Tier 2 material suppliers
- Other GOPS/Sourcing functions –costing, Material, Planning, Product Testing, Quality/Lab
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have development and engineering knowledge and expertise and can provide input into projects.
- Have a strong engineering and creative mind-set.
- With minimal input and feedback, can identify problems and provide solutions to complex development/commercialization issues.
- Can manage direct reports with support from line manager.
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- German, Chinese, Indonesia or Vietnamese language knowledge an advantage.
Requisite Education and Qualifications:
- University degree preferably on shoe making or engineering
- 3-5+ years production, development or related experience in Footwear industry.
- Passion and interest in athletic competition, sports or fitness related activities
- Production, Product Testing or dev./comm. or costing background
- Good knowledge of shoes manufacturing process.
- Some experience in pattern engineering, mold making, grading, materials processing etc.
- Ability to read shell patterns, 2D and 3D blueprints, spec sheets, cost breakdowns, etc.
- Good understanding of costing principles and process; ability to decipher cost breakdown related to products.