At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Support in the merchandising and range management functions for adidas Licensed in Canada.
- Weekly reporting through MicroStrategy as directed by Licensed Category Manager
- Create and maintain margin plans with global drops, changed FOBs, addition of new SMUs, IGMs or late add programs, etc. throughout the season and ensure timely communication to all stakeholders
- Prepare all information required for global and 3rd party article setup and maintenance on an on-going basis. This includes season code updates to ensure article/inventory accuracy.
- Download all seasonal boards and images from global and 3rd party at each key milestone.
- Manage in-season programs by preparing sell-in decks, order forms and article set-up resulting in a timely hand off to sales.
- Organize and maintain sample areas, and showroom racks in accordance with Health and Safety standards. This may require some lifting of heavy boxes.
- Work closely with Licensed Category Manager to place and track all required seasonal samples.
- Communicate with Sample Coordinator to ensure timely receipt of SMS and pre-sell samples in advance of pre-line meetings.
- Work with Licensed Category Manager and Own Retail group to ensure timely liquidation of aged samples.
Presentations & Merchandising:
- Prepare Go-To-Market materials for all presentations; including line lists, account and product merchandise boards, SMU boards, and market trend reports as directed by Licensed Category Manager.
- Ensure samples are readily available and in presentation-ready form, including showrooms being fully merchandised, setup and clean before preline date.
- Develop knowledge of the range and be an active support to Licensed Category Manager in account presentations.
Catalogues & Digital Tools:
- Work with Licensed Category Manager and SpeedLab Graphic Designer to prepare all catalogue materials from start to finish. This includes copy, layout, imagery, formatting, proofing for hardcopy catalogues and all facets of e-catalogue and e-order form.
- Manage all product images for the Canadian marketplace while streamlining processes from US design and merchandising teams.
- Develop and maintain an athletic and sporting goods expertise of the Canadian marketplace and competitors/products that live/compete in this environment. This would include regular visits to key retailers within our marketplace, with or without Licensed Category Manager.
- Work closely with Sales and Licensed Category Manager to execute product strategies to increase revenues and grow market share with key retail partners.
- Work closely with US/Global counterparts to establish an ongoing communication dialogue with the purpose of developing North American synergies for range management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Licensed Category Manager.
Key Relationships (Internal):
- Act as team player within the Licensed team and cross functional teams; MOPS, Procurement, Sales, Marketing, Sourcing, Sample Coordinator, and Demand Planning
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of latest version of MicroStrategy, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PDF editor and Outlook.
- Effectively communicate (both written and verbally), with excellent command of the English language.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Capacity to analyze and interpret general business and inventory information to make recommendations on buy plans and sku performance.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in calculating, percentages, gross margin, IMU (general retail math)
- Ability to learn internal systems.
- High attention to detail.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the Canadian Sporting Goods Industry, the key players, retail and market directions.
- Presentation and facilitation skills are an asset.
- University or college graduate in related field, or equivalency in experience and education.
adidas is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.