Junior level opportunity to provide support of the apparel product development process in support of assigned business unit (BU). Provide effective transition of designs from the prototyping stage through development and into production.
- Ownership for entire project management process for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with applicable operating calendar
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Business Units, Design, Materials Development and Innovation, Quality, Costing, and Sourcing, managing designated projects to ensure an on time buy ready performance
- Prototyping and implementation of new and innovative designs, components, processes, materials and concepts into a manufacturable and marketable finished product
- Learn costing process in accordance with Costing procedures and participate in pre-costing activities
- Learn Reebok quality standards and ensure all materials, processes, prototypes and development samples are fully tested to ensure adherence to Reebok quality standards
- Engineer workable prototypes that address desired function, cosmetics, market appeal and manufacturability, which includes checking of prototypes arriving for quality and fit and participating in fitting sessions
- Numerous organizational tasks and communications responsibilities including Article Description and all technical data completion; use of FLEX PLM; Adobe illustrator, Word, OneNote, Excel, e-mail, phone & fax communication world-wide and all related Departments
- Participate in the pre-allocation of all development projects based on service and product needs
- Communicates and coordinates all necessary information internally and externally that supports on time Buy Ready for all assigned projects.
- Translates design vision and consumer needs into product which supports the Business Units’ product strategy.
- Marketing, Design, Project Management, Materials Innovation and Development, LO Country Managers, LO Reebok Managers, Sub-Contract Factories
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- IT-skills (e-mail, MS Office programs, PDM)
Requisite Education and Experience:
- Degree in clothing technology and/or manufacturing or comparable degree from Textile School
- 1-2 years related work experience in garment/textile industry