Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To ensure appropriate apparel ranges are designed for the adidas brand in Asia, as part of a regional design team, in cooperation with Global Marketing, Product Management and Product Development.
- Design products for the Asian Regional Apparel range, based upon input from product management, in order to supply the needs of the Asian market consumer.
- Own the creative process to make sure that the final products meet Business Unit commercial and image objectives.
- Collect relevant information needed to create Asian-specific sports apparel collections. This is to include all possible sources to gain this information: Trade publications, trade fair, sports events, general interest press, trend services, fashion & sportswear magazines, store checks, market visit and team travel.
- Execute product design vs the visual language of adidas and CI guidelines of the Sport Performance division.
- Design apparel collections along required seasonal timelines.
- Prepare designs through sketching by hand and by using design computers such as Apple Mac.
- Create working drawings and colored sketches for design presentations.
- Draw-up mood and presentation boards to support design presentations.
- Produce sketches/drawings for product catalogues.
- Present ranges and collections internally and help with presentations, which support the launch of ranges and products designed by the designer externally.
- Ensure that all relevant information needed for the development process is submitted in a timely manner to Product Development and ensure that appropriate levels of interaction and communication are maintained with Product Development.
- Collaborate with Product Management on all issues regarding the realization of defined collections.
- Assist with design presentations to support the launch of products.
- Produce trend, travel and research reports in an accurate and timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of functional sportswear products.
- Experience in design, preferably in Mens apparel design.
- High level of creativity
- Knowledge of, or experience with, functional sportswear products
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- BA or MA in Fashion Design or Functional Apparel design.
- 2-4 year of relevant work experience for apparel brand.
- Fluent in verbal and written English and able to communicate effectively and easily in Business English, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills on Apple Mac (Illustrator, PhotoShop)