At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Platform Engineering is the practice of designing, building and operating platforms for application engineering teams to leverage. The main goal of the central platform engineering team is to unlock the potential of the application teams so they spend more time focusing on business functionality, increasing velocity and reducing time to market. Moreover, the enterprise can better scale across its applications with similar platforms and shared microservices, making it easier to staff engineer assignments, as well as access enterprise information.
Join us and help us shape this transformation.
Because of its holistic charter, the Platform Engineering team requires both infrastructure and development skillsets, people who can architect and design services, and people who can build and run them. Because services are provided for their full lifecycle – and must continuously improve to meet new requirements and priorities the team must manage its services like a product portfolio, support the DevOps transformation of the company, drive the application engineering community and to share and incorporate new concepts and technologies.
The API Evangelist supports the DevOps transformation of the company, drive the application engineering community and to share and incorporate new concepts and technologies.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Create and oversee API strategy including its direction, align it with key stakeholders and map API strategy into API program execution plan.
- Define API design and development guidelines and patterns, align them with domain (solution) architects and enforce them in API developer’s community.
- Lead the development of an API Factory by standardizing the creation process and using production engineering approaches to automate API development.
- Be the technical owner for tools which supports complete API development lifecycle. API catalogue, API developer portal, API management gateway.
- Conduct design reviews to ensure that API’s are aligned towards the API guidelines.
- Defines and promotes API security standards together with security and legal team.
- Guide and educate developers and architects in various teams in API design methodology.
- Put the hands on and help to design API’s whenever help is needed.
- Help business to translate their vision and strategies into API designs in cooperation with respective domain architects.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels, ensuring that organisational policy and strategies are adhered to.
- Coordinate API development across departments and different projects.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience with API design methodologies and API description languages: SWAGGER, API Blueprint
- Deep understanding of REST and Microservices architecture styles, hypermedia types like JSON-LD, HAL, SIREN, ODATA
- Experience and familiarity with the following enterprise security standards – SAML, OAuth, OpenID, LDAP, PKI
- Expertise of standard data formats like JSON, XML
- Fluent English skills
- Being proactive, taking action and anticipating opportunities
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- High focus on collaboration in order to achieve a common goal
Sound good? Apply here and be part of our tomorrow.
Not the right job for you? There are thousands of opportunities at adidas around the world. Find the one with your name on it.
Want to get a behind the scenes look at our offices?
Check out these videos to see what it’s like to work in our offices around the world!
THROUGH SPORT, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.