- Develops/implements/monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) with specific focus on speed, cost, and service quality metrics.
- Communicate with the carriers and the stores to ensure the stores receive their freight in a timely manner
- Consolidate and analyse feedback from the store’s team or store operations regarding delivery issues (carton forecasts, pallet issues, etc.) and partner with the carriers/3PL partners on how to improve the delivery process going forward.
- Lead any store transfer requests/cancellation requests between and if necessary, work to create a re-delivery plan for the freight through analysis of changes.
- Monitor and track ETA’s on ocean shipments and communicate delays to all the stakeholders. Drive continuous improvements with the carriers to avoid delays/unnecessary cost.
- Communicate and collaborate with nominated ocean delivery trucking company in order to have better visibility, available delivery information, and control with the flow of scheduled ocean container deliveries.
- Lead the communication with inbound planning, customs, and customer service to set and track priority ocean shipments
- Work with Manager Transportation to improve carrier processes, quarterly 3PL reviews, and communicate to carriers our needs
- Participate in global and regional logistics and transportation initiatives/projects related to the US inbound and co-ordinate implementation of deliverables across all brands.
- Any additional duties related to improving the business and/or business processes.
- Internally: Inbound Planning, Distribution, B&M, eCom and Finance, all brands and business units
- Externally: 3PL’s, ocean and dray carriers.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analysis and data management skills with demonstrated ability to organize data and prepare reports in a logical manner
- Attention to detail and ability to navigate systems to obtain data required.
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of Transportation process.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, MS Access, MicroStrategy, GT Nexus and Tableau.
- A consensus building, upbeat team contributor
- Ability to take ownership of a project, prioritizes effectively, and ultimately drives the project through to completion.
- Self-motivated, high energy that can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams across multiple businesses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both formal and informal communications
- Must have strong verbal and presentation skills; to conduct meetings and make presentations to direct manager and project teams
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
B.S in Analytics, Business or Engineering. Six Sigma preferred.
2-3 years of experience in the supply chain or logistics industry or finance.