The Allocation Analyst is responsible for effectively managing inventory levels to support Reebok’s US Retail sales and inventory plans. The Allocation team partners closely with a variety of cross functional teams. This person will be responsible for the planning and execution of assortment plans at the department level to drive in-season sell through, as well as Sales & Margin goals.
- Manage inventory flow by chain, region, district, store, and store groups (to include store size, climate, seasonally, capacity, etc.) to budget. Proactively plan, react, communicate, and take appropriate action to meet and exceed budget.
- Implement store assortments in conjunction with buying team, as to maximize sales, gross profit and GMROI.
- Analyze, monitor and recap core item selling and inventory levels weekly to ensure proper store group/store balance.
- Create item replenishment AR models to ensure appropriate stock to sales ratios.
- Ensure that all product is shipped in compliance with product launch dates and new store opening dates
- Consistently update store capacity models through OTB tool.
- Evaluate adjustments to plans and allocations for performance trends and inventory levels.
- Create plans and forecast that are consistent with the stores’ potential to sell.
- Ensure recaps of sales performance on transitional merchandise, select store buys, test items, etc. are completed on a weekly basis.
- Create and maintain smooth product flows by development of outbound flow from the DC on specific timelines.
- Collaborate with operations, DC & planning to support strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities.
- React to in season trends by door to ensure that the models are being adjusted appropriately based on each stores performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate effective with different levels of the business via phone, written and in-person communication
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other functional teams
- The ability to understand and use financial data, such as fractions, percentages, rations, gross margin, net sales, etc., to make decisions and influence outcomes
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to think strategically, synthesize data, identify trends and recommend viable solutions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work on a cross functional team and be a part of a team atmosphere.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Air travel is required (domestically - about 10% of the time).
- Experience with Merchandising preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- A minimum 3 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Reebok brand has moved their HQ to a 220,000 square-foot section of the Innovation and Design Building in Boston’s Seaport District. This move has brought community fitness to a next generation design and innovation space; the all new workplace fosters a vibrant collaborative culture and allows the brand to be closely connected to the community in Boston. Alongside state-of-the-art office spaces, the headquarters is equipped with an employee fitness center and a retail store.