- To prepare and book operating expenses, payables and receivables in accordance with Group Finance Manual.
- Error free day to day bookkeeping with maximum precision as per the Group deadlines and IFRS requirements.
- Prepare accurate work papers, schedules, and reconciliations
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- To meet the set timelines of the Accounting Team Manager for the month end closing process of two reporting units (Amman and Aqaba).
- To monitor and reconcile the monthly Trial Balance movements within Accounts Payable/Account Receivables/Retail Sales/Treasury/Intercompany Sections.
- To initiate and drive improvement in current accounting processes and to control proper implementation.
- To support other departments in driving process improvements in all accounting related processes.
- To ensure proper compliance of accounting processes and policies with the Group Internal guidelines (GCSA).
- To highlight control deficiencies to Senior Management and implement solutions to close control gaps.
- To ensure proper submission of financial reports to the external auditors.
- To ensure the Head Office safe custody.
- Reconciles accounting records with different related parties
- To review and follow up of all outstanding accounts payable transactions.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements in line with the defined cut-off times.
- Prepares & reviews tax computation and related correspondence
- To measure progress on own KPIs.
- To highlight any deviations to agreed plans to the Accounting Team Manager.
- To ensure a strong internal control environment in Accounting, with a strong focus.
- Ensures the adherence to group accounting policy
- All local departments
- Retail Stores
- Internal & External Auditor
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Clean system bookkeeping.
- Score of the GCSA/internal audit for the AP and NTP part.
- Satisfaction of internal (other functions, Management) and external parties (Auditors…).
- Maintain and implement effective accounting procedures
- Reliable financial feasibility analysis (submission of RFC and Budget within dedicated area of responsibility).
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business with corporate finance, science or accounting focus.
- Functional: > 2 years accounting and controlling.
- Industry: ideally apparel/fashion/shoes or FMCG.
- Exposure: Audit, tax, insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commercial acumen: Very good numerical and analytical skills.
- Good written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Fluent English (verbal and written).
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), proficient in MS Office.
- Basic SAP knowledge is required.